IIM Ahmedabad CAT 2021 Cut off criteria has been released by the institute for admission in 2022-24 MBA batch. The overall qualifying cut off for the GN category candidates is 80 and 70, 60 for the SC and ST candidates respectively. Qualifying CAT 2021 Cut off criteria is the preliminary step of screening the candidates for AWT and PI rounds of admission process based on which final selection will be prepared. Read More IIM Shortlist and Admission
Foreign nationals staying in India must take GMAT and apply through the Supernumerary Quota category only in order to take admission in the institute. IIM Ahmedabad CAT Cutoff is the minimum shortlist percentile criteria that need to be fulfilled by the candidates in order to qualify for the further admission process. Read CAT PI Preparation Tips
For the 2021-2023 session a total of 1246 candidates had been called for WAT-PI at IIM Ahmedabad for admission in 385 seats. IIM Ahmedabad Ranking is higher than all the other IIMs, as it is ranked number 1 by NIRF and number 50 in World out of 201+ as per the QS Global Rankings MBA Rankings. Read the article to know more about CAT cut off of IIM Ahmedabad, selection process, and much more.
CAT 2021 Cut off for IIM Ahmedabad: Preliminary Screeing
The preliminary screening of candidates will be done based on the sectional and overall percentiles scored by the candidates. Other than that candidates will be marked based on their performance in Class 10, 12, Graduation, Work experience etc. The details of the whole criteria is mentioned below:
|Category||Verbal and Reading Comprehension Percentile Rank (PVRC)||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Percentile Rank (PDILR)||Quantitative Aptitude Percentile Rank (PQA)||Overall Percentile and Rank (PT)|
|PwD (General, NC-OBC-cum-transgender, SC)||60||60||60||70|
IIM Ahmedabad Selection Process 2021: Academic Score Weightage
Rating Scores for Class 10
|Class 10 score (in percentage)|| |
Rating score: A
|Less than or equal to 55||1|
|More than 90||10|
Weightage of Class 12 Marks
|Science Stream||Commerce Stream||Arts Stream|
|Score in Class XII (in percent)||Rating score: B||Score in Class XII (in percent)||Rating score: B||Score in Class XII (in percent)||Rating score: B|
|Less than 55||1||Less than 50||1||Less than 45||1|
|More than 90||10||More than 90||10||85||10|
Weightage of Bachelor’s Degree Examination
|Score(in percent)||Rating Score: C||Score(in percent)||Rating Score: C||Score(in percent)||Rating Score: C||Score(in percent)||Rating Score: C||Score(in percent)||Rating Score: C|
|Less than or equal to 55||1||Less than or equal to 50||1||Less than or equal to 55||1||Less than or equal to 60||1||Less than or equal to 50||1|
|More than 70||10||More than 63||10||More than 80||10||More than 85||10||More than 75||10|
Weightage of Work Experience
Work Experience in Month
Less than 12 months
Greater than or equal to and less than or equal to 36 months
Number of months of work experience - 11
Greater than 36 months
IIM Ahmedabad CAT Cut off: Shortlisting for AWT and PI
The stages of shortlisting and scoring the candidates is mentioned below:
Stage 1 – From the Applicants' pool: Selection of exceptional performers across different disciplines
- Top candidates from each of the academic disciplines will be shortlisted for AWT & PI on the basis of their composite score ‘CS'
- CS (Composite Score) = ARF_CS * Normalised AR score + CATF_CS * Normalised overall score in CAT-2021
- Application Rating Multiplication Factor for Composite Score (ARF_CS) = 0.35;
- CAT Multiplication Factor for Composite Score (CATF_CS) = 0.65
The upper limits (UL) on the number of candidates to be shortlisted per RC for AC-1, AC-2, AC-3, AC-5.
|Category||Upper Limit (UL) Per ACRC|
The upper limits (UL) on the number of candidates to be shortlisted per RC for AC-4
|Category||Upper Limit (UL) per Acre|
- C1. PVRC, PDILR, PQA and PT must not be lower than the minimum cut-offs as specified first table.
- C2. P ≥ Minimum cut-offs, P is the average of the percentages of marks scored in 10th and 12th std. examinations.
Minimum cut-off for P across different disciplines and different categories
|Stream in 12thstd.||General Category||NC-OBC-cum-transgender Category||SC Category||ST Category||PWD (General, NC-OBC-cum-transgender, SC)||PWD (ST)|
|Arts & Humanities||75||70||64||59||64||59|
- C3. Percentage of marks in the bachelor's examination ≥ Minimum cut-off percentage
- Criteria C4-C6:
- C4. PT ≥ 80, PQA ≥ 70, PDILR ≥ 70 and PVRC ≥ 70.
- C5. P ≥ 80 (Science), 77 (Commerce), 75 (Arts/Humanities), P is the average of the percentages of marks scored in the 10th and 12th std. examinations.
- C6. Percentage of marks in the bachelor's examination ≥ Minimum cut-off percentage
Stage 2 – After Shotlisting based on Stage 1
- First of all, shortlist the candidates based on the criteria mentioned in Stage 1 of the selection process.
- The additional number of candidates to be shortlisted for AWT & PI will be selected on the basis of the composite score ‘CS' subject to their fulfilling criteria C1-C2.
Final Selection – FCS = PIF * Normalised PI Score + AWTF * Normalised AWT Score + CATF_FCS * Normalised CAT Score + ARF_FCS * AR
- Personal Interview Multiplication Factor (PIF) = 0.50
- AWT Multiplication Factor (AWTF) = 0.10
- CAT Score Multiplication Factor for Final Composite Score (CATF_FCS) = 0.25
- Application Rating Multiplication Factor for Final Composite Score (ARF_FCS) = 0.15
CAT 2020 Cut Off for IIM Ahmedabad
|Category||VARC Percentile||DILR Percentile||QA Percentile||Overall Percentile|
CAT 2019 Cutoff for IIM Ahmedabad
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Criteria comprises of two steps including preliminary screening and shortlisting criteria having huge weightage for CAT score and the final selection criteria holding less weightage to CAT score. IIM Ahmedabad Cut Off is the minimum percentile that candidates need to score for getting admission to the various MBA and PGDM programs in the IIMs and other B-schools of the country. The institute will declare its cut off after the announcement of CAT Result.
- Candidates have to clear both the sectional and overall cut off for getting shortlisted in the pre-admission rounds.
- The cut off for 2-years PGDM program at IIM Ahmedabad had been around 80-85 percentile in the last few years.
- CAT Cut Off for IIM Ahmedabad depends on many variables.
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their CAT score are called for CAT Counselling.
- IIM Ahmedabad Selection Process comprises 3 steps- Preliminary Screening, Screening for AWT (Academic Writing Test) & PI (Personal Interview) and Final Selection.
The institute considers the academic performance of the candidates in the 10th, 12th and degree examinations. IIM Ahmedabad is often considered by people as the best MBA college in India. It has been voted many times as the finest Indian MBA college. Getting admission in IIM Ahmedabad is a matter of pride as it is one of the best IIMs in the country.
|PwD (General, NCOBC-cum-transgender, SC)||60||60||60||70|
Candidates applying through GMAT score i.e. for the foreign candidates, the qualifying cutoff has also been fixed and mentioned in the table below :
CAT Cutoff 2018 for IIM Ahmedabad
IIMs are the most reputed management institutes of our country. After the announcement of CAT Results, IIM Ahmedabad declares its own cut off.
- Candidates securing qualifying marks will be eligible for appearing in the pre-admission rounds.
- Along with the CAT percentile, IIM Ahmedabad follows their own selection criteria for selecting eligible candidates.
- IIM Ahmedabad CAT cut off is extremely high and therefore, it is not easy to get admission in this institute.
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)||75||50||65||60||60|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DIILR)||70||50||65||60||60|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||70||50||65||60||60|
IIM Ahmedabad Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to pursue a Postgraduate program in IIM Ahmedabad are required to fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with an aggregate of at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% marks for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PwD Category).
- Candidates must pursue Bachelor’s degree or equivalent for duration of minimum three years after completing Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Apart from the academic qualification, candidates must remember that they are required to appear in CAT and must score the minimum desired score in the entrance test to be considered eligible for admission to the post-graduate programme in IIM Ahmedabad.
- Working professionals and entrepreneurs with a minimum of 3 years' full-time work experience (after completion of graduation) as on March 31, 2020. Check CAT Eligibility Criteria
IIM Ahmedabad Admission 2021: Application Process
The important details regarding the application procedure for admission to MBA program in IIM Ahmedabad are given below:
- Candidates who wish to apply to IIM Ahmedabad have to apply for CAT
- The application fee for CAT was Rs. 1900 (Rs. 950 for SC/ ST)
- Candidates must note that there is no need to apply and pay application fee separately for admission to IIM Ahmedabad.
- After the declaration of CAT result, candidates will be able to check whether they are shortlisted for admission in IIM Ahemdabad or not.
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Process
The steps given below are included in the Admission process of IIM Ahmedabad:
- Step 1: Candidate must have appeared and scored the minimum required percentile in CAT .
- Step 2: Candidates are short-listed for AWT and PI from candidates holding a valid CAT score, who have applied to the postgraduate course in IIM Ahmedabad and who satisfy the minimum required eligibility criteria for admission in IIM Ahmedabad.
- Step 3: After the AWT & PI round, admission offers are made by IIM Ahmedabad to the successful candidates. The final selection to the postgraduate program in IIM Ahmedabad will be done based on a number of factors including performance in CAT, performance in AWT & PI, academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular achievements, work experience etc.
- Step 4: Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates based on the Final Composite Score (FCS) which awards 50% weightage to the score obtained in PI round, 10% weightage to AWT score, 25% weightage to the CAT score & 15% weightage to candidate’s academic record.
IIM Ahmedabad Selection Process 2021
The foremost part involved in IIM Ahmedabad Admission Criteria is the shortlisting criteria required for the final selection round. A candidate will be considered shortlisted by IIM Ahmedabad if he/ she fulfil the following shortlisting criteria:
- The first stage of shortlisting criteria to Postgraduate program in IIM Ahmedabad holds 60% weightage to CAT score, 30% weightage to candidate’s academic profile and 10% weightage to work experience.
- IIM Ahmedabad considers both candidate’s previous academic records as well as their performance in CAT at the time of shortlisting candidates. Based on the candidate’s performance in CAT, they will be shortlisted to AWT and PI subject to their fulfilling the minimum required eligibility criteria.
- Aspirants holding high academic record will be awarded higher points in the shortlisting criteria of IIM Ahmedabad.
- Candidates holding working experience of more than 36 months will be awarded 5% weightage in the shortlisting criteria for final admission round of IIM Ahmedabad.
Identifying exceptional students
- IIM Ahmedabad identifies some exceptional candidates from diverse backgrounds and shortlists them for the 2nd phase of admission, based on their CAT scores.
- After this stage, all shortlisted candidates will be at par.
- They will be assessed on the basis of their aggregate scores (CAT score, Academic Rating (AR) and performance in WA-PI).
- CAT Cut Off – IIM Ahmedabad considers the academic performance of applicants in 10th, 12th and degree examinations.
- The overall performance of applicants is measured by their academic performance, extracurricular activities, work experience, awards and recognition, written analysis and personal interview.
- According to the rules of the government, 27% seats of IIM Ahmedabad are reserved for OBC candidates, 15% for SC candidates and 7.5% for ST candidates.
- 3% seats are also reserved by IIM Ahmedabad for DA (Differently Abled) candidates. DA candidates are those with blindness/low-vision, hearing impairment and cerebral palsy.
Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- All the candidates shortlisted in the first stage are eligible to participate in the final selection round for admission to the postgraduate program in IIM Ahmedabad.
- The selection criteria of IIM Ahmedabad after the final admission round award a total of 50% weightage to Personal Interview (PI), 10% weightage to Academic Writing Test (AWT), 25% weightage to CAT score and 15% weightage to candidate’s academic performance.
IIM Ahmedabad Admission FAQs
Ques. What is the highest package at IIM Ahmedabad for placements?
Ans. IIM Ahmedabad has an impressive placement history with top MNCs like BCG, PwC, McKinsey as chief recruiters, the highest international package was INR 1.32 Crores in 2020. The average payoff stays between INR 25-26 LPA every year.
Ques. What is the CAT Percentile for admission to IIM Ahmedabad PGP Program?
Ans: CAT Percentile for the general category is 80. OBC- 75, SC- 70, ST- 65. Read the cutoff section of the article. The expected overall IIM Ahmedabad cutoff for is 85 percentile for General category.
Ques. What is the program fee of MBA at IIM Ahmedabad?
Ans. The total program fee at IIM Ahmedabad is INR 23,00,000 inclusive of tuition fee of INR 16,99,000. These fees also include Laptop computers, personal expenses onboarding, travel, clothes, and laundry.
Ques. What all topics are tested in AWT for IIM Ahmedabad MBA admission?
Ans. Applicants who are called for AWT/PI rounds can expect topics based on current affairs based on socio-political areas, economy, banking and other related subjects. PI is exhaustive and lasts maximum upto 20 minutes. Judging the applicant's knowledge, knowing about his/her past experiences and goals.
Ques. Do PGP Programs have an upper age limit for admission at IIM Ahmedabad?
Ans. No, there is no upper limit for admission to either PGP or PGP-FABM courses offered at IIM Ahmedabad. But there is an upper limit for PGPX programmes for admission.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.