MAT 2022 IBT mode February session exam dates have been announced by AIMA. MAT 2022 IBT mode will be held on Feb 26 & 27 and Mar 5, 12 & 13, 2022. Check MAT 2021 Exam Dates
- MAT IBT Application process is open till March 10, 2022, as per the respective exam dates. Click here to apply for MAT 2022
- MAT 2022 Admit Card for the IBT mode examination can be downloaded 2 days before the exam date. So, candidates planning to appear for the examination on Feb 26 can download their MAT 2022 Admit Card on Feb 24, 2022.
- MAT 2022 IBT mode is remote proctored using Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools and hence candidates must not resort to any unfair means during the test.
- MAT 2022 Result will be announced a week after the conclusion of the exam in all 3 modes. Check MAT Result
What is MAT IBT Mode? MAT IBT mode is Internet Based Test is conducted by AIMA to provide candidates with an opportunity to get admission to top management colleges across the country. Candidates who opt for this mode of examination require a computer system enabled with a webcam and good internet facility.
Read the article to know more about MAT IBT mode exam dates, registration process, and important guidelines.
MAT 2022 IBT Exam Dates: February Session
|Sr No.||IBT Mode Exam Date||Slots||Last Date for Registration||Issue of Admit Card|
|1||Feb 26, 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm |
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|Feb 23, 2022||Feb 24, 2022|
|2||Feb 27, 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm |
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|Feb 24, 2022||Feb 25, 2022|
|3||Mar 5, 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm |
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|Mar 2, 2022||Mar 3, 2022|
|4||Mar 12, 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm |
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|Mar 9, 2022||Mar 10, 2022|
|5||Mar 13, 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm |
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|Mar 10, 2022||Mar 11, 2022|
Why Should You Appear for MAT IBT Mode?
- MAT 2022 IBT test gives the flexibility to the students to give the exam from their respective homes and be safe at the same time.
- MAT scores are accepted by more than 600 B-Schools across India. There are 350+ institutes registered under AIMA that accept MAT 2022 score for admissions.
- More than 250 institutes are there which are not registered but still accept MAT scores for admissions. A lot of premier B-Schools have high cut-offs and candidates can secure admissions in them.
- All the institutes which accept the MAT score will declare individual cut-offs. The general range of MAT cut-off for all the good B-Schools is usually above 80 percentile.
How will MAT 2022 IBT Mode be conducted?
- The candidates will be giving exams online in this mode.
- Candidates will be required to log in using credentials and verify themselves first. In this mode of testing, the candidates will be proctored remotely using AI (artificial intelligence) tools as well as remote human proctoring.
- It will be different from traditional modes where the candidates are being proctored in the test room under a controlled environment. In MAT IBT Mode, the candidate will be under the online supervision of the invigilators to avoid cheating.
- MAT IBT will also be proctored online. It is already mentioned that candidates who are found to be contravening the pre-specified behavioral norms would be warned at first and if found repeating, they may be disqualified.
- The details on the exam will be released shortly by AIMA on their official website. The candidates are requested to keep visiting the website regularly for current updates.
Requirements for MAT 2022 IBT Mode
MAT IBT 2022 exam will have certain requirements related to the specifications of the system, network, and internet. Though it will not be too difficult for people having an internet connection in their homes.
System & Network Requirements for MAT IBT 2022
|Operating System||Windows 7 and above|
|dot NET Framework||Version 4.5.1|
|MSB||Mettl Secure Browser (MSB) needs to be installed|
|Processor||Prefer a processor with 4 GB installed memory|
|Disk Space||Free disk space should be 2 GB|
|Memory||Permanent free space of 65 MB on the default hard drive|
|Adaptor||Adapter of 1024x768 resolution|
|Webcam||Logitech C270, C210, C170, and Microsoft VX800 are preferred|
Browsers Required for MAT IBT 2022
|Chrome||63 and above|
|Firefox||52 and above|
Step-wise Guide for taking MAT 2022 IBT Mode
Step 1: Launch Test
- Visit the official website of MAT 2022- mat.aima.in
- Navigate to Launch Test Button
- The test will start in a separate window
- Depending on the installation of MSB in the system, a redirected screen will open
Step 2: Download MSB
- In case the system of the candidate is not installed with MSB they have to download it.
- Otherwise, students can proceed to take the test
- There is no need to download MSB from any outside source, the option to download will be available on the screen.
Step 3: MSB Installation Steps
- An agreement screen will appear stating End User License Terms
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click on the Install option
- Once MSB is downloaded, open the file to install.
- When the installation is completed, the MSB browser icon will be displayed on the candidate’s computer screen.
Step 4: Start Test on MSB
- Click on launch test on the MSB browser
- A popup dialogue window will appear asking to open MSB-click on the ok option
- Again a screen will appear asking to close the unrequired application on your computer
- Apps like Skype, Web browsers are considered unrequired, proceed to the ok button after closing applications.
- MSB will ask to share the microphone and camera permission to be granted to proceed with the test.
- Details like valid email address, name, date of birth, contact number, and country are to be filled
Step 5: Submission of Snapshot
- Candidates are required to provide a snapshot of their face and identity proof.
- Step 1 involved face snapshot whereas step 2 involves ID snapshot.
- Make sure while taking a snapshot the room is lightened enough to avoid any blur or darkness.
- Review the picture before submitting the snapshot
Step 6: Authorization
- The authorization process will be carried out after the submission of snapshots and this can take about 2-3 minutes.
- In case snapshots submitted are not clear, candidates will be asked again to submit the images.
Step 7: MAT 2022 IBT Begins
- Candidates will be intimidated that their test will be monitored, approval for which is mandatory to proceed with the test.
- An image will be displayed stating the use of every tab on the screen
- Go through these guidelines carefully for a hassle-free experience
- Once the test is completed click on the Finish Test option.
Troubleshooting Guide for MAT 2022 IBT Mode
AIMA has released a troubleshooting guide on its official website to help candidates with the technical issues that might occur during MAT 2022 IBT exam. As the test will be taken by candidates in a remote proctored IBT mode, this guide will help them in resolving any technical issues. The troubleshooting guide contains solutions to the following issues:
|Network Error||Blank Screen|
|Unable to Launch Test||Unable to install MSB|
|Stuck at the Authorization window||Web Browser not supported|
|Access denied||Prohibited Processes running in the background|
MAT 2022 IBT Mock Test
Below mentioned are the steps to register for mock test 2022:
- Visit the official AIMA MAT website mat.aima.in and navigate to the mock test registration tab
- Or directly open mat.aima.in/ibtmocktest/register-online url
- Mention the details asked- Full name, valid and functioning email address
- Create a password with at least 8 characters including numerals and special characters.
- Confirm the password once more and mention the state you belong to
- Tick on the accreditation that you agree with the terms and condition
- Click on “Take MAT IBT Mode Mock Test” on the homepage, enter your email id and password and appear for the test.
MAT 2022 IBT Mode Application Process
Registration process for MAT 2022 IBT Mode is the same as PBT and CBT mode in MAT 2022. Below are the steps to fill the MAT application form:
- Visit the official website of AIMA mat.aima.in
- Candidates have to register and create a User ID and password to log in successfully.
- Candidates have to log in with respective credentials and then will have to select the mode of the exam, test city choice, mode of payment, and then process the payment.
- The payment can only be done via online methods (Credit/Debit card/ Net Banking)
- Candidates have to upload the scanned copy of the photograph (20-150KB) and signature (20-150KB)
- Candidates have to choose preferred colleges out of the list of participating colleges mentioned for MAT 2022 exam.
- Click ‘Submit’ and complete the final submission.
- You can download the registration for future reference.
- Download Complete MAT Registration Guide
MAT 2022 IBT Mode Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for MAT 2022 IBT mode is the same as other offline and online mode exams. The candidates must fulfill the below-mentioned parameters before applying for the test.
- Candidates must have completed their graduation
- Candidates pursuing their final year of graduation (in any discipline) can also apply for MAT 2022
- There is no age limit to appear for MAT 2022
- Candidates should have an internet-based computer for giving the exam. The specifications will be released by AIMA shortly and the students can give exams by sitting at home.
MAT IBT Exam Pattern 2022
MAT IBT 2022 exam will be conducted in both online, offline, and internet-based mode by AIMA. Candidates will be able to take the exam from their homes and they can appear for the remotely proctored internet-based test (IBT). The candidates can choose any of the modes or both while filling the application form.
- As per the MAT exam pattern, the exam will have a total of 200 multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- The exam will be divided into 5 sections and will have a total time duration of 150 minutes (2.5 hours).
- MAT IBT test will have the same exam pattern as earlier.
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40|
MAT IBT 2022 Syllabus
There are no changes in MAT 2022 syllabus. There are a total of five sections each having 40 questions as usual. Each question carries one mark. Also, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer. No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions. The details are mentioned below.
- MAT Language Comprehension: Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Odd one out, Verbal Reasoning, Antonyms, Analogies, Idioms, Sentence completion & correction, etc.
- MAT Data Analysis and Sufficiency: Graphs, Pie Charts, Puzzles, Tables, Venn diagrams, etc.
- MAT Mathematical Skills: Number System, Functions, Algebra, Ratio & Proportion, Averages, Geometry, Time & Speed, etc.
- MAT Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Verbal Ability, Family tree, Coding & Decoding, Effect & Cause, Sequencing, Mathematical reasoning, etc.
- MAT Indian and Global Environment: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Politics, Science, History, Geography, Business, etc.
Tips for appearing in MAT 2022 IBT Mode
- You do not have to be a computer expert but generally developing interest will be helpful.
- While giving the IBT model paper, do not be in a hurry, let the page boot, and then start answering the questions.
- Excessive clicking and instructions can make computer processes slow.
- To make yourself familiar with the internet-based test process opt for online test series in the same format-official mock test released by AIMA will be helpful in this.
- Always save while marking options, in case the system does not save your answers automatically.
- Technical glitch often happens, do not panic, wait for the system to cope up itself.
MAT 2022 IBT Mode FAQs
Ques. What is the advantage of Internet-Based Test over PBT/CBT?
Ans. The candidate will be able to give the exam from the comfort of their home. Candidates need a computer system and a good internet connection to take the exam. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is the safest option. Furthermore, it avoids the trouble of reaching the exam center to appear for the test.
Ques. Do I have to keep my webcam open throughout the examination?
Ans. Yes, the candidate concerned will have to keep the webcam open to avoid the chances of cheating and any malpractice. Candidates who switch off their webcam during the exam will be disqualified.
Ques. Can a candidate take MAT IBT 2022 from his/ her Mobile Phone?
Ans. No, it is necessary to have a computer system, either desktop or laptop with a functioning webcam and mic to take MAT 2022 IBT mode exam. It is not allowed by AIMA to take the remote proctored test from gadgets like mobile phones or tablets.
Ques. What should be done in case of power cut/failure while giving MAT IBT?
Ans. MAT IBT is designed on autosave mode, in case there is a power cut or computer system of the candidates shuts down due to any other reason, they can resume the test following the same steps as done earlier. The test can be resumed from the same question number where left. Though such activities are highly monitored and should not be used for cheating purposes.
Ques. Can I use a calculator or mobile phone during the exam?
Ans. No, candidates are not allowed any electronic device like mobile or calculator during the test. In case candidates are found using any unfair means they will be debarred from the test.aNo, candidates are not allowed any electronic device like mobile or calculator during the test. In case candidates are found using any unfair means they will be debarred from the test.
Ques. Is the syllabus for MAT IBT the same as that for CBT & PBT modes?
Ans. Yes, the syllabus is the same for all modes of MAT exam. MAT Syllabus for IBT, PBT, and CBT is divided into 5 sections- Mathematical Skills, Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Indian & Global Environment, and Data Analysis & Sufficiency.
Ques. What are the exam dates for MAT IBT 2022 February session?
Ans. MAT IBT 2022 is scheduled to be held on 5 dates for the February session- Feb 26, Feb 27, Mar 5, 12, and 13, 2022. The exam will be conducted in 2 shifts- 10:00 am to 12:30 pm and 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
Ques. What is the application fee for MAT 2022 IBT exam?
Ans. The application fee for MAT 2021 IBT exam is INR 1650. In case candidates want to appear for 2 IBT exams or IBT+PBT/ CBT in the same session, they need to pay INR 2750. It must be noted that the registration fee is the same for all modes of MAT exam.
Ques. What are the system & network requirements for taking MAT IBT?
Ans. Candidates need a laptop/ desktop with free disk space of 2 GB, stable internet connection, MSB, dot NET framework version 4.5.1, windows operating system 7.0 and above, and chrome/ firefox web browser.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.