MAT Result 2021 for the December session exams has been released by AIMA on Dec 30, 2021, for all three modes i.e., IBT, PBT, and CBT.
- Candidates can download their scorecard by logging in with the Roll number & Registration number used at the time of MAT 2021 Registration.
- MAT 2021 Score will remain valid for a complete year for admissions to all the Institutes that accept MAT scores. The scores are scaled and the range of composite scores is between 199-801. Check MAT 2021 Score vs Percentile
- Based on MAT scores, candidates can predict their chances of getting a call from top MBA colleges by using MAT 2021 College Predictor.
- MAT 2021 Cut off is expected to be above 600 for top colleges including XIME Bangalore, IPE Hyderabad, and PUMBA Pune. Only candidates clearing the cut offs will be eligible to participate in the counselling process that will include GD, WAT, and PI rounds. Check MAT Counselling Procedure
Candidates can also download the scorecard of the previous sessions from the official portal. MAT 2021 Result for the September Session was released on September 23, 2021, for IBT, CBT, and PBT modes. Read the article to check how to download MAT Result 2021, what details will be mentioned in the scorecard, and much more.
MAT 2021 Result Important Dates
|Events of December Session||Dates|
|MAT 2021 IBT Exam||November 27 to December 23, 2021|
|MAT 2021 CBT Exam||November 21 & December 19, 2021|
|MAT 2021 PBT Exam||December 5, 2021|
|MAT 2021 PBT/ CBT/ IBT Result||December 30, 2021|
Must Read News
How to Check MAT 2021 Results?
- Visit the official website of AIMA.
- Click on “MAT Result December 2021” link
- A log-in screen will open. Enter the issued Registration Number and Roll Number and select the session for which you appeared.
- Click ‘Submit’ to view your MAT Scorecard.
- Download your results for future reference.
Check MAT 2021 Exam Dates
MAT 2021 Result via SMS
- AIMA provides the facility to check the Results of MAT Exam via SMS.
- This facility has been introduced to ease the whole result-checking procedure.
- To get MAT Result on SMS, the candidate can send the following message-
MAT 2021 Score Card
MAT Scorecard is issued by the All India Management Association (AIMA). Candidates can either view/download MAT Score from aima.in or check it through SMS.
- The scorecard represents the marks scored in different subjects (Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, and Indian and Global Environment).
- MAT score is valid for one year from the month of its declaration.
- Any queries regarding MAT Score, if any, send an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at helpline 011-47673020.
- MAT Score is accepted in nearly 600 B-Schools across India.
Details on MAT Score Card
The details mentioned in the scorecard are:
- Name of the candidate
- Form No.
- Test month and year
- Roll No.
- Date of birth
- Work experience in months
- Scaled scores in different subjects
MAT Scorecard Sample
MAT 2021 Result: Apply for Admission in Colleges
Candidates can also apply for admission to MAT Colleges after the declaration of result. AIMA lists more than 600 MAT score accepting colleges on its website.
- AIMA provides the facility of applying to 5 institutes while filling the application form.
- Apart from these, candidates can also directly apply on the official website of the respective colleges after the declaration of result.
- It is advised to the expected cut off for the college and match it with the scores obtained in MAT 2021 before applying.
What is MAT Composite Score?
The composite score in MAT is calculated on the basis of the candidate's performance in four sections. General Awareness scores are not included while final calculating final scores. The composite score lies in the range of 199 to 801. Hardly candidates acquire less than 200 and more than 800 scores. A sectional score of more than 80 and less than 20 is also rare.
If candidates score less than 200 their score will be stated as 199 for scores above 800 it will be combined reported as 801 only.
|Section in MAT||Marks Allotted||Composite Score Scale|
|Language Comprehension||40||0 to 100|
|Mathematical Skills||40||0 to 100|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||0 to 100|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||0 to 100|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||-|
MAT 2021 Score and Percentile Calculation
We all know that MAT is held after every 3 months. All of the test papers vary each time. These slight differences are accounted for during the scaling process. As a result of these adjustments, equal scaled scores in MAT result represent about the same level of ability, as measured by MAT test, regardless of the administration or when the MAT exam was taken.
Here are some important points:
- The scores are scaled to account for the difference in the difficulty level for each individual MAT
- Score reports consist of the scores of all six sections: Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Composite score, Indian & Global Environment.
- Score scales of the first four sections and the composite scores are based on the performance of candidates in the exam.
- Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, and Indian & Global Environment (Indian & Global Environment score, is calculated separately) are reported on a scale of 0 to 100. In this section, scores less than 20 and more than 80 are rare.
- For each of the six scores, a percentile is given, which indicates the percentage of candidates who scored below the given mark based on the entire MAT testing population. The percentile below the figure may change with each administration for the same scores.
- The composite score is calculated on the basis of performance in the first four sections which include Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, and Intelligence & Critical Reasoning.
- The composite score is reported on a scale of 199 to 801. All scores below 200 are reported as 199 and all scores above 800 are reported as 801.
- Indian & Global Environment score is not considered in the composite score, but a minimum pass mark is required in this section to qualify the exam.
- MAT 2021 scores cannot be compared with other tests or derived from another test. Differences in administration are compensated by the statistical process of score equating.
MAT Cut Off 2021
- MAT Cutoff is the minimum qualifying percentage that is released by AIMA. This cutoff is used for the selection of candidates.
- Other than the official cut off released by AIMA, the colleges accepting MAT also release their separate cutoff.
- Candidates fulfilling the minimum cutoff criteria can apply using their MAT Scorecard. It can be downloaded from the official website.
- It is expected that MAT cut off will go high this year. The reason behind the high cut off is the number of candidates appearing for the exam, level of difficulty of the exam, and reservation norms.
- The expected MAT 2021 Cut off for top colleges is given below.
|B-Schools||Expected MAT 2021 Cutoff Scores|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||700|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||600|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||600|
|Amity Business School, Noida||500|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||500|
|IFIM Business School||500|
Top MAT Colleges Accepting 550 Marks and Above
- Department of Management Sciences, PUMBA, Pune
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
- Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad
Top MAT Colleges Accepting 500 Marks and Above
- BIMTECH, Noida
- IFIM Business School
- AIMS, Bangalore
- VIT University, Chennai
- SRM University
Top MAT Colleges Accepting 450 Marks and Above
- Christ Institute of Management
- Jaipuria Institute of Management
MAT 2021 Selection Process
- The selection process varies from B-School to B-School. Usually, after the candidate has taken the entrance test, a merit list is issued by the colleges, and accordingly, candidates are called for the next step of the admission process which includes Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds.
- If a candidate clears the group discussion and personal interview as per the rules of the college, he is granted admission to his chosen course and college.
- Some colleges also have an additional selection round of written ability test or essay writing along with the GD and PI rounds.
- The majority of the management colleges now give higher weightage to a candidate’s performance in the written test. This is so because it is easier to judge a candidate’s viewpoints while he is writing, unlike in GD/PI. Also, a soft-spoken candidate often loses his chance in a GD round. So, we advise you to score well in MAT 2021.
- Registration for online counseling is important in order to participate in it on the provided dates.
- Submission of counselling fees should also be done online.
Points to Remember while Checking MAT Result
- MAT Scorecard containing sectional and overall scores of MAT 2021 will not be sent via post or email.
- Candidates can access their scorecards via SMS “MATS Form No. DoB (ddmmyy) to 54242”
- MAT percentile is prepared as per composite score. The scores scale between 199 to 801.
- One correct answer approximately carries 5 marks in the final composite score.
- General Awareness section marks are not included in the final results.
- MAT Score is valid for a year.
MAT Result 2021 FAQs
Ques. How to check MAT 2021 Result?
Ans. MAT 2021 Result for the December session has been released by AIMA on Dec 30, 2021. MAT result for the February/ June/ September sessions is already available on the official website. Candidates can check the same by using their application number and roll number The direct link to check the result has been provided above.
Ques. What all details are displayed in the MAT Result?
Ans. MAT result shows the composite score as well as the sectional scores. Apart from this, the scorecard will display the details of the candidate- name, application number, roll number, category, gender, and validity of the scorecard.
Ques. Are normalized scores displayed on MAT Scorecard?
Ans. Yes, as the exam is conducted in multiple shifts, the scores are scaled and the normalized marks are displayed. Normalized scores for each of the five sections are displayed- Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Indian & Global Environment. For each section, the result will vary between 0 and 100. The composite score will be calculated with the scores of the first four sections. Indian & Global Environment will not be included in the composite scores. Therefore, usually, the composite scores vary from 199 to 800.
Ques. Can I get a duplicate MAT Scorecard?
Ans. Yes, candidates can download their scorecards again from the official website without paying any fee. No duplicate scorecard will be sent via post or email.
Ques. Are MAT scores sent via SMS?
Ans. Yes, MAT scores can also be obtained through SMS. Candidates must send SMS to 54242 in the format- MATS Form No. DOB. The DOB must be mentioned in the format- dd/mm/yyyy.
Ques. What is the validity of MAT scorecard?
Ans. MAT scores are valid for the duration of one year. MAT 2021 scores will be valid for the 2021-23 academic year for admissions to MAT score accepting MBA colleges.
Ques. Which are the top colleges that accept MAT scores?
Ans. There are more than 600 B-Schools in India that accept MAT scores. Given below are some of the Top B-schools accepting MAT Score:
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||IFIM Business School|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||Alliance School of Business, Bangalore|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||Amity Business School, Noida|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||SCMS|
Ques. Will AIMA conduct a centralized counselling process after the declaration of MAT result 2021?
Ans. No, AIMA will not conduct a centralized counselling process. AIMA will only send the result of the applicant to the 5 colleges selected during the application process. Individual colleges will then carry out their respective counselling process.
Ques. Do I need to pay an additional fee to download MAT scorecard again?
Ans. No, candidates are not required to pay an additional fee to download multiple scorecards. Hence, in case the candidates lose or misplace their scorecard, they can download it again without paying any extra charges.
Ques. Will I be able to download the result in all browsers?
Ans. The result will be displayed only in the following browsers:
- Latest version of chrome
- Internet Explorer 9 and above
- Mozilla Firefox
Ques. What is the admission procedure after result declaration?
Ans. After the result declaration, each of the participating institutes will release their cut off scores. Candidates clearing the minimum cut off will be required to appear for GD/ WAT/ PI rounds at the respective colleges.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.