Rajasthan Technical University is located in Kota in the state of Rajasthan. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Rajasthan which currently affiliates about 68 Engineering Colleges, 03 B.Arch, 16 MCA Colleges, 39 MBA Colleges, 31 M.Tech Colleges, 01 M.Arch and 01 Hotel Management and Catering Institute.
RTU Kota is recognized by UGC and approved by AICTE and offers almost all courses related to technical education including B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, MCA, and BHMCT. The university also accepts entrance exams for admissions to some of its technical courses.
Rajasthan Technical University, Kota Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2006 | State|
|Entrance exams||REAP/ RTU CAM/ RMAT/ CMAT/RTUCAAT/ RTU DAT/ JEE Mains/ GATE|
|Popular Courses||BE/B.Tech, M.Tech/ MBA|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Top Recruiters||TCS, Infosys, Cognizant, L&T, Tech Mahindra (MBT)|
|Facilities Available||Library, Labs, Guest House|
|Official Website||RTU Kota|
Rajasthan Technical University, Kota Courses
|B.Tech||Agriculture Engineering||10+2 qualification in PCM with a minimum of 45% marks||REAP/ JEE Mains|
|Computer Science Engineering|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Electronics Instrumentation & Control Engineering|
|Production and Industrial Engineering|
|B.Arch||Architecture||10+2 with 50% marks and Mathematics as a main subject/ Diploma in any subject from a State or Central institute/university with an average minimum of 50% marks.||NATA Exam followed by REAP counseling.|
|BHMCT||Hotel Management & Catering Technology||10+2 in any stream with 50% marks in aggregate||Merit-Based|
|M.Tech||Control & Instrumentation||Candidates must possess a BE/B.Tech. or an M.Sc. degree in a relevant field||RTU CAM/ GATE|
|Computer Science Engineering|
|Industrial Management & Engineering|
|Renewable Energy Technology|
|Power Electronics & Electric Drives|
|M.Arch||Urban Design||B.Arch degree||RTU CAM|
|MBA||Business Administration||Candidates must possess a graduation degree in any stream with an average minimum score of 50% (45% marks for SC/ST).||RMAT/CMAT|
|Ph.D||Engineering||Master’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks||RTU DAT Interview|
Read More: RTU Courses & Fees
Rajasthan Technical University, Kota Admissions
Admission to all UG and PG courses except BHMCT are entrance based. Admissions to B.Tech courses are based on REAP scores, however preference is given to JEE Mains candidates. Similarly NATA scores(followed by REAP counselling) are acceptable for B.Arch admissions. Also, admissions to M.Tech and M.Arch are based on RTU CAM. For MBA courses, RMAT/ CMAT scores are acceptable. MCA and Ph.D courses are offered on the basis of RMCAAT and RTU DAT(followed by PI) scores.
How to Apply?
Application mode is online. Below mentioned are the steps to be followed:
- Visit the official website of RTU.
- Fill the details asked to register yourself.
- After successful registration, candidates will receive user id and password.
- Log into your module and fill the application form. Submit once done.
- Proceed to fee payment of INR 1000 which can be paid online mode using Debit/ Credit card or through Demand Draft
- Submit your form.
Read More: RTU Admissions
NATA Cutoff 2019:
|Examination||Minimum Percentage||Total Marks|
JEE Main Cut-Off 2019:
RTU, Kota Results
Students can check their academic as well as the entrance exam results conducted by RTU on its official website. RTU releases the result for all semester & year based UG & PG courses on the official website only. Aspirants have to follow the below-mentioned steps in order to check their result:
- Visit the home page of RTU.
- In the Examination tab, click on the results section.
- Now enter your class, roll number & name along with the captcha.
- After that click on the ‘show result’ button & your scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
Read More: RTU Results
Rajasthan Technical University, Kota Placements
The placement process of Rajasthan Technical University is carried out in three steps. T&P Cell of RTU provides training to the students for aptitude and reasoning, group discussion, presentations, technical and HR interviews. The members of the cell invite professionals to give training to the students. Selection Process: The interested students have to appear for the Aptitude Test (written test) followed by a Group Discussion round and an Interview. The students who qualify for the Technical Interview and HR Interview round with their potential will get the offer letter.
Top Recruiters are TCS, Infosys, Cognizant, L&T, Tech Mahindra (MBT), Vatika, Simplex, Hindalco, Samtel Group, NEI, Wipro Infotech, CMC, HCL, Impetus Computing Systems, Policy Management System, DCM, IDEA, BGR Energy, Gammon India, Vedanta, Ansal, Aditya Group, ACC, Larsen & Toubro, Essar.
Read More: RTU Placements
Rajasthan Technical University, Kota Scholarships
Rajasthan Technical University has many affiliated colleges. Many such colleges offer good scholarship opportunities to its students. Students can be benefitted either by state or by central sponsored scholarship programs.
Read More: RTU Scholarships
Rajasthan Technical University, Kota Facilities
Rajasthan Technical University offers several facilities to its students so that they can pursue their courses without any hindrance and achieve the goal of their life through the education offered by it. The facilities offered by the university are:
- Library: The central library of Rajasthan Technical University is one of the richest and well-equipped university libraries in India. It is well connected with LAN & Wi-Fi and is open for its students and teaching staff. The library has the subscription of research journals. It has textbooks, journals, PhD thesis and dissertations, digital books in the form of CD ROM, full-text research-based journals for reading. The institute also has unique library management software to manage the system.
- Guest Houses: The guest houses are for its official guests of the university and the participants invited to attend the seminars, workshops, conferences, training programs etc. organized by the university.
- Laboratories: All the laboratory is equipped with the latest software like Oracle and Microsoft.
- Hostel: Hostel facilities are available for the students inside the college premises. Separate hostels are allotted for the boys and girls with a mess and recreation facilities for them.
- Canteen: Canteen facilities are available for the students at the college premises that serve hygienic food to ensure that they get a well balanced diet.
- Sports Facilities: Canteen facilities are available for the students at the college premises that serve hygienic food to ensure that they get a well balanced diet.
- Gymnasium: The College has gymnasium facilities for the students with all the necessary equipment and machines.
- Dispensary: The University has dispensaries for any kind of first aid or medical help for the students and staff. Ambulance is available for any emergency cases.
Read More: RTU Facilities
Rajasthan Technical University, Kota Faculty
All the faculty members of all the colleges affiliated to the Rajasthan Technical University are highly qualified and very proficient in their field of study.
Both the in-house and guest lecturers of all the colleges impart best quality education. Most of the professors of the colleges affiliated to the Rajasthan Technical University hold doctorate degrees. Some of the faculty members are:
- Dr. V K Gorana: Department of Aeronautical Engineering
- Dr. N. P. Kaushik: Department of Civil Engineering
- Dr. S. C. Jain: Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Dr. Rajeev Gupta: Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Shri Ashok Kumar Sharma: Department of Electrical Engineering
Read More: RTU Faculty
Rajasthan Technical University, Kota FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure of the Rajasthan Technical University?
Ans. The fee structure of the Rajasthan Technical University is expensive.
Ques. What is the duration of various courses offered by the Rajasthan Technical University?
Ans. Below mentioned are the details:
Ques. Which colleges are affiliated to the Rajasthan Technical University? What is the syllabus of various courses offered by the RTU?
Ans. There are currently 92 colleges running under Jurisdiction of Rajasthan Technical University. There are 74 engineering colleges, 38 MBA colleges, 17 MCA colleges and 3 architecture colleges which are affiliated to the university. Students can check their revised syllabus for all UG & PG courses through the RTU website. Students are advised to go through the scheme of examination & RTU syllabus before appearing in the RTU semester examination.
Ques. What is the cutoff for RTU Kota?
Ans. Cutoff of RTU exam will be evaluated on many factors some of factors are mentioned below:
- Number of Candidate appeared for the RTU exam
- No of candidates passed the exam
- Difficulty level of question paper
- No. of vacancy for this exam
- Cutoff may also be sectional wise
Candidates who applied for this recruitment/exam are advised to check the expected cut off marks of RTU on the official website.
Ques. How do I get 85% marks in the university like the RTU (Rajasthan Technical University) in the IT branch?
Ans. In RTU, theory paper covers 480 marks out of 1000 left 520 is internal and practical based which means college has a big role in your percentage so make sure your college is also willing to ha e u a score above 85%+. Always write answers in an extended long form. Don't put things in a point to point version. After each and every long answer , write the same answer with its bullet points in the form of points.