Harcourt Butler Technical University Kanpur was established in 2016 which focuses on Research and development and incubation in the field of Engineering, Technology, Basic & Applied Sciences, Humanities, Social Science & Management Architecture and other professional Courses. It has been set up by the Government of Uttar Pradesh. The institute is approved by AICTE and affiliated to AKTU.
The university has four schools with thirteen Undergraduate programs in Engineering and technology with Postgraduate program and PH.D. Program. The University is spread across two campuses, the east campus (77 acres) and the west campus (271 acres) situated about 3 km apart.
The admission for the courses are given on the basis of National Level Entrance Exam JEE, CET and GATE for Engineering stream and for other courses it is on merit. The institute has been ranked 166th in NIRF Engineering College Rankings 2020. HBTU Kanpur has been ranked 25th for Engineering by India Today 2019 and 30th by Composite Rank 2019. Some of the top recruiters at HBTU are Microsoft, Reliance Industries, Samsung Engineering, TATA Motors, Asian Paints, Global Logic, OYO Rooms and many more.
HBTU Kanpur Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2016 | Government|
|Approved By||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU)|
|Entrance Exam||JEE / GATE / NIMCET|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG Courses and PH.D courses|
|Popular Courses||Engineering and Technology|
|Application Mode||Offline and Online|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based and Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||Microsoft, Reliance Industries, TATA Motors, Samsung Engineering. etc|
|Campus Area||348 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Computer Centre, Central Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Guest House, Gymnasium, Incubation Centre, Bank.|
HBTU Kanpur Rankings
The institute constantly has been ranked in top engineering colleges by reputed National Agencies. The institute has been ranked 166th in NIRF Engineering Ranking 2020.
- Ranked 25th for Engineering by India Today in 2019.
- Ranked 30th by Composite Rank in 2019.
- Ranked 25th by Outlook Magazine in 2018.
HBTU Kanpur Courses
The college offers various UG, PG and PhD courses with various specializations to choose from. M.Tech and PhD courses are offered as part time courses also. Sponsored courses are also available for students who want to pursue a Ph.D degree.
|B.Tech.||Chemical Engineering||4 years||Candidates must have completed their 10+2 with 75% and qualified JEE Main.|
|Computer and Science Engineering|
|M.Tech||Chemical Engineering||2 years||Candidates must have completed their 10+2 with Graduation and must have qualified GATE.|
|Computer Aided Design|
|Environmental Science and Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|MCA||General||3 years||Candidates must have completed their 10+2 and Graduation with 60% and also must have qualified NIMCET|
|Ph.D.||-||Minimum 3 years||Candidates must have completed their 10+2+3 along with post graduation in the required field.|
Read more: HBTU Kanpur Courses & Fees
HBTU Kanpur Admission
The institute offers admission for UG, PG and Ph.D. courses through merit and qualifying marks of national entrance exams. The admissions for B.Tech courses are based on qualifying marks of JEE/UPSEE marks and for M.Tech the admission is based on the GATE Exam.
For MCA courses candidates have to qualify the NIMCET exam. The admission for Ph.D. courses is merit based and performance based. The Candidates who wish to seek admission in the institute can follow the procedure given below.
How to Apply?
- The admissions are done through both online and offline mode.
- The application form for the admission is released on the official website of the university.
- Candidates need to register themselves on the official website with their email id.
- Once the candidates are logged in then the application form appears.
- Candidates have to fill the form with required documents and submit it through online mode.
- The fees for the application form must be submitted through online mode only.
- The hard copy of the filled application form must be sent to the university with all the attached documents.
- Candidates are selected based upon their qualifying marks.
- The selected candidates list is released on the official website.
- The selected candidates need to visit the college for their further admission procedure.
Read more: HBTU Kanpur Admission 2020
HBTU Kanpur Placement
The college provides best placements for the students. Many companies such as Samsung, Microsoft, Reliance Industries, OYO, Byjus, Asian Paints, IBM, TCS, Indigo Paints, TATA Motors, Hero Motocops, Axis Bank, Just Dial, Amazon, Snapdeal, etc visit campus for the placement. The institute has its own Placement wing and Training programs for the students. They are also offered with many internship programs.
For the academic session 2019-20 placements are still in progress with nearly 75% students already placed. The highest package till date has been INR 60 LPA with an average of INR 7.18 LPA. The students of CSE have bagged the maximum offers till now.
|Academic Year||% of Placement||Total offers||Highest Package||Average Package|
|2019-20 (In progress)||75.12 %||299||INR 60 LPA||INR 7.18 LPA|
|2018-19||83.68%||313||INR 37 LPA||INR 6.08 LPA|
Also, the highest package at HBTU Kanpur has steadily increased from previous years and the average salary has shown great improvement too over the years.
Read more: HBTU Kanpur Placement
HBTU Kanpur Scholarship
The college does provide scholarships for the students in the form of Fee Waivers where students have to pay the one third amounts of fees. This category has only few seats where the students with good qualifying marks and who belong to reserved category are benefited. Moreover, the scholarships are also provided by the Uttar Pradesh Government for the students who have low income, belonging to reserved categories as per the norms.
Read more: HBTU Kanpur Scholarship
HBTU Kanpur Facilities
The institute provides all the required facilities for the students and the staff.
- Computer Centre: The well maintained computer labs are provided for the students, staff and faculty for research and teaching. The computer Centre is well equipped with proper internet access.
- Central Library: The institute has its own well maintained Tagore Central Library which has 80000+ books, 25000+ bound journals and 400+ e-books. The library has computers with internet access for students.
- Hostels: The University has sufficient hostel accommodation for boys and girls. Hostel has sports courts, library, computer centre, canteen and its own mess. The allotment of the students is merit based and according to the rules of college.
- Central Workshop: The Central Workshop of the University is the Central facility which provides training to undergraduate students and also assists the undergraduate, postgraduate and research scholars/students in the fabrication of their projects and experimental setups.
- Canteen & Auditorium: East Campus of the University has a fully air-conditioned auditorium equipped with good light and sound system. East Campus of the University has a canteen serving vegetarian food such as snacks, fast food, tea / coffee / soft drinks and mixed meals.
- Bank: Banking facility is available in the University East Campus by a fully fledged branch of the Central Bank of India along with ATM facility.
HBTU Kanpur Faculty
The institute has well qualified and experienced teaching staff for the students. Smt. Anandiben Mafatbhai Patel is the Chancellor while Prof. N. B. Singh is the Vice Chancellor of the university. Prof. Manoj Kumar Shukla is the pro Vice Chancellor of the university. Some other prominent posts are held by:
- Prof. Rajive Gupta (Dean) Qualification- M.Tech from IIT Kanpur.
- Prof. Deepak Srivastava (Dean) Qualification- Ph.D. Chemical Technology.
- Prof. Rekha Bali (Dean) Qualification- Ph.D. Mathematics.
The institute has more than 50 staff members for students of different courses.
Read more: HBTU Kanpur Faculty
HBTU Kanpur FAQs
Ques. Does the college offer part time courses in the M.Tech Program?
Ans. Yes, the college offers part time courses in M.Tech programs in Chemical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Design, Mechanical ENgineering Design, Power Electronics and Control and Industrial System Engineering.
Ques. In which stream does the college provide M.Sc. course?
Ans. The College provides M.Sc. courses in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
Ques. What are the other colleges in comparison with HBTU?
Ans. Other colleges in comparison with this college are JSS Academy of Technical Education, Noida or Pranveer Singh Institute of Technology, Kanpur or BundelKhand Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jhansi and many more.
Ques. What are the documents required during the admission?
Ans. The general documents required during the admission are the academic qualification certificates, scanned copy of identity proof, scanned copy of photograph and signature.
Ques. How is the B.Tech in Paint Technology?
Ans. The institute offers B.Tech in Paint technology with well qualified teaching staff and workshops. The placement for this stream is also good as a number of top recruiters visit college or campus placements.