Bannari Amman Institute of Technology (BIT) is an engineering college situated in Sathyamangalam, Tamil Nadu, and it provides engineering as well as management programs at the U.G., P.G., and the Doctorate level to eligible candidates. The institute, which was established in 1996, is affiliated to Anna University and all of its courses have been recognized by the same. Furthermore, most of the courses offered by the college have also been recognized by the NBA.
The institute has also been accredited by the NAAC with an excellent grade of A. With a keen interest in supporting and guiding research programs, BIT is one of the leading institutions in the country for a candidate pursuing research or a doctorate. In recent years, the college has had an excellent placement run, and most of its students have been very satisfied with their course outcomes. The article below will discuss all the aspects of this college a student would like to know more about and will delve deep into details and specifics.
BIT Sathy Highlights 2020
|Name of the Institute||Bannari Amman Institute of Technology|
|Courses Offered||B.E/B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech, MBA and Ph.D./M.S.|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-Based and Entrance-Based|
|Selection Criteria||10+2 Marks for U.G. and GATE/TANCET marks for P.G.|
|Official College Website||https://bitsathy.ac.in/|
BIT Sathy Rankings and Achievements
The institute is often considered amongst India's top engineering colleges and secured a place in the 151-200 band in the NIRF 2019 rankings. Apart from this, the college also boasts of several achievements and awards as mentioned below:
- The institute was awarded the 'Clean & Smart Campus Award 2019' by the AICTE.
- The institute was acknowledged for its important contribution to the 'Jal Shakthi Abhiyan' initiative by AICTE in 2019.
- BITians won four prizes in the Smart India Hackathon hardware Competition 2019.
- The college was ranked at the 46th position among Top 165 Best Private Engineering Colleges in India by The India Today Survey in 2018.
- The institute bagged the 76th Rank in NIRF - MHRD India Ranking for 2018.
BIT Sathy Sathyamangalam Courses
The institute provides several engineering programs at the U.G., P.G., and Doctorate level to eligible candidates. Admission to these courses is made purely based on merit, and they depend on the candidate's 10+2 marks for U.G. programs and the student's TANCET marks for P.G. programs.
|Course Name||Specialization||Duration||Basic Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|B.E.||Aeronautical||4 Years||Candidates need to pass their 10+2 examinations with a minimum of 60% aggregate of marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry and not less than 55% in each of these subjects.||Purely merit-based depending on the candidate's 10+2 marks.|
|Electronics and Communication|
|Electrical and Electronics|
|Electronics and Instrumentation|
|B.Tech.||Artificial Intelligence and Data Science|
|Computer Science and Business systems|
|M.E.||Computer Science||Two Years||Graduation in the relevant field of study is needed with at least 60% marks.||TANCET and U.G. marks|
|Industrial Safety Engineering|
|Power Electronics and Drives|
|M.Tech||Biotechnology||2 years||B.Tech/ B.E.||TANCET and U.G. marks|
|M.B.A.||-||2 years||Graduation||Merit based|
|PhD||-||Three Years||Post-graduation in a relevant field is needed||Purely Merit-base|
Read more: BIT Courses and Fees
BIT Sathy Admission 2020
Given below is the application procedure for U.G. courses along with all the required details:
- First, visit the official website of TNEA.
- The candidates then need to register on the official website by providing a username and password.
- Next, the candidates need to log in with their credentials and fill the online application form.
- Candidates then need to enter all the required details, as mentioned in the form.
- Then fill the preferred T.F.C. for document verification.
- Next, pay INR 500/- (INR 250/- for SC/SCA/ST categories) and then finally submit the form.
- Once candidates have registered, they will receive a PDF through the TNEA Application Processing System.
- Candidates need to take a printout of this document and attach their recent photograph there.
- Lastly, candidates need to submit the document at the T.F.C. during the verification process.
Similarly, for P.G. courses, the admission procedure is as follows:
- First, go to the official website of TANCET.
- Next, click on the registration link.
- A key will be sent to the mobile number you have given.
- You can then log in by entering the correct email id, password, and TANCET key.
- After this, fill the online application form with all the required details.
- Next, upload scanned images of the filled documents.
- Then pay the required application fee of INR 600/- (INR 300 for SC/SCA/ST candidates) through available payment methods.
- Finally, candidates need to submit the form and take a printout as well.
Applicants must carry the documents mentioned below at the time of TANCET Counselling
- Candidate's Class 10th and 12th Marksheets and Passing Certificate
- Candidate's Graduation Marksheets and Degree Certificate
- Candidate's Transfer Certificate from the institute last attended
- Candidate's Scorecard of TANCET/GATE
- Category Certificate of the candidate
- Candidate's Domicile Certificate
- Experience Certificate of the candidate (if applicable)
Read more: BIT Admission 2020
BIT Sathy Placements
Placements play a significant role in choosing a particular college, and the college has had excellent placement seasons year after year. Part of this goes to the fantastic placement cell that the college has and the other half to its deserving students. Given below are some placement details and statistics of the recent years for BIT, Sathyamangalam:
- The college has an impeccable placement record with several reputed companies visiting the campus every year.
- The placement cell is responsible for guiding the students through this crucial phase by conducting several workshops on technical aptitude and soft skills development.
- In recent years, 13 students got placed in Amazon with a salary package ranging from 8-18 L.P.A.
Read more: BIT Placement
BIT Sathy Scholarships
The college does provide scholarships to deserving candidates who fulfil the essential eligibility criteria. Listed below are some of the details:
- The annual income of the family for Post Matric scholarship from all sources must be below INR 108000.
- The annual income of the family for Minority scholarship from all sources must be INR 200000.
- For General and O.B.C. Students must gain a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying exams.
- For SC/ST Students must gain a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying exams.
- Students who get admission in professional courses on the basis of competitive examinations or without competitive examination can apply for a scholarship.
- Students who have already been awarded the previous year should apply only for renewal and should have obtained 50% marks in the last examination.
Read more: BIT Scholarship
BIT Sathy Facilities
A college without world-class facilities is never complete, and this institute doesn't leave any stone unturned to give its students' the best experience. Listed below are some of the many facilities that this college provides for its students:
- Several clubs and societies, ranging from radio clubs to automation, are open for the students.
- The college has a fully equipped modern auditorium with an excellent seating capacity.
- Hostel facilities are available for all the students.
- The institute also has Wifi connectivity all over the campus.
- General Store for students
- Sports playgrounds
- Hospital and Medical facilities
- College bus facilities
BIT Sathyamangalam Faculty
The college has a well experienced and qualified faculty. Most o f the teachers have a PhD degree and certain years of teaching experience. They help students to take up extra projects and take part in inter college events. The college headed by Dr S V Balasubramaniam as its Chairman and Dr C Palanisamy as its principal is doing really great in terms of placement and achievements.
Read more: BIT Faculty
BIT Sathy FAQs
Ques. Does BIT, Sathyamangalam have any special labs for specific research programs?
- Arts and Design
- Artificial Intelligence
- Augmented Reality
- Bio Prospecting
- Cloud Computing
- Communication Protocol
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Drives and Actuators
- Electrical and Electronic Product Development
Ques. What were the previous year cutoffs for gaining admission into BIT, Sathyamangalam?
Ques. How good was the placement season for BIT, Sathyamangalam, in 2019?
Ques. What are the Capability Enhancement Schemes at BIT, Sathyamangalam?
- Guidance for Competitive Examinations
- Career Counseling
- Helping in Soft Skill Development
- Remedial Coaching
- Yoga and Meditation Workshops
Ques. In which fields does BIT, Sathyamangalam, provide research facilities?
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Electronics
- Electronics and Communication
- Electronics and Instrumentation
- Fashion Technology
- Information technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Textile Technology