Om Prakash Joginder Singh [OPJS] University established by the Government of Rajasthan as per Ordinance No. 16 of 2013, of the Rajasthan State Legislature in Churu district of Rajasthan. The Eco-Friendly University was promulgated by the Honourable Governor of Rajasthan in August 2013. The University has received accreditations from UGC, Bar Council of India, and Council of Architecture.
Om Prakash Joginder Singh [OPJS] University offers graduation, post-graduation, doctoral program, certificate, diploma, and postgraduate diploma courses. The University offers various programs in the subjects such as Agriculture & V. Science, Engineering & Technology, Commerce and Management Studies, Computer Science & IT, Architecture & Planning, Hotel Management, Library & Information Science, Science, Arts & Social Studies, Foreign & Indian Languages, Education & Physical Education, Journalism & Mass Communication, Law, Pharmacy, Para-Medical Science, and Philosophy & Research, Fire & Safety.
The University grants admission to the various courses either on the basis of merit or marks in the entrance examination.
OPJS University, Churu Highlights
|Name of the College||Om Prakash Joginder Singh [OPJS] University, Churu, Rajasthan|
|University Type||State Private University (Self Financing)|
|Accreditations||UGC, AICTE, Council of Architecture, Bar Council of India|
|Application Mode||Online | Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit cum Entrance-based|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Doctoral, Certificate, PG Diploma, Diploma|
|Popular Courses||MA, M.Sc., LLB, B.Tech. , M.Tech., MBA, BBA, BCA|
|Facilities||Central Library, Auditorium, Hostels, Wi-Fi, High-tech Computer Lab and Classrooms, Cafeteria, Campus Clinic|
OPJS University Courses
Tabulated below is the detail of UG, PG, and Doctoral courses offered by the University.
|B.Tech.||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Passed in 10+2/Intermediate exams in science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) with a certain percentage of marks from a recognized board of education
Subjects: Textile, Agriculture, Solar & Alternative Energy, Petroleum, Information Technology, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Instrumentation, Power System, VLSI, Aeronautical, Civil, Mechanical, Fire & Industrial, Electrical & Electronics, Computer Science and Biotechnology
|Integrated Law Courses||Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: Pass 10+2 examination with a certain percentage of marks from a recognized board of education
Subjects: General Specialization: B.A.LLB, B.B.A. LLB, B.Sc. LLB
|M.A. (General/Hons.)||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Pass Graduation in relevant subjects with a certain percentage of marks from a recognized Institute
Subjects: Political Science, French, Economics, History, Geography, Sociology, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Rural Development, Philosophy, Criminology, Hospitality Management, Tourism & Leisure Management, Labour Studies, Electronic Media, Literature, Social Work, Advertising & Mass Communication, Psychology, Tamil, Bengali, Punjabi, Rajasthani, Gujarati, Telugu and Marathi
|MCA||Duration: 3 /2/1year as per qualification
Eligibility: Graduation in relevant subject/Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application/BCA/ M.Sc. in Computer Science/ Information Technology
|MBA||Duration: 2 years Eligibility: Pass Graduation with a certain percentage of marks from a recognized Institute Subjects: Construction Power, Pharmical Education Institute Management, Pharmacy Education Institute Management, Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Marketing Management, Biotechnology, Security Management, Sales Management, Agriculture Management, Hospitality, Retail Management|
|M.Phil.||Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: Post Graduation in relevant subjects with minimum 50 percent marks from a recognized University
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Post Graduation in relevant subjects with minimum 55 percentage of marks from a recognized University
Read More: OPJS University Courses & Fee
OPJS University Admissions
For Bachelor and Postgraduate courses, admission is either through merit or entrance examination.
Admission to B.Tech program will be based on the valid score in JEE Entrance Examination.
Admissions to B.A.LLB, B.B.A. LLB, and B.Sc. LLB will be based on CLAT UG/PG Entrance Examination
Admission to MA, MCA will be based on marks scored in the qualifying examination.
MBA Admissions will be based on the valid score in CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT examination, followed by Interview and Group Discussion.
To take admissions in Ph.D. and M.Phil, aspirants have to appear in the entrance test conducted by the University, followed by Interview/ Presentation at the respective Institutions.
The candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR(JRF)/SLET/GATE or M.Phil. Entrance test or Teacher Fellowship holder exempted from the Ph.D. Entrance Test.
How to Apply?
The Candidates willing to apply can follow these steps.
- Go to the official website of the OPJS University.
- Click on the apply option under the Admission category.
- Fill the details carefully and submit the form along with the required documents and fees.
- For Ph.D. and M.Phil. , the entrance test fee is 5000 rupees paid through Net Banking/ Debit/Credit Card/Bank Transfer.
- For online transfer, the candidates need registration in OPJS University Bank Account.
- A photocopy of 10th Certificate/ Marksheet
- A copy of 12th Marksheet
- Graduation degree ( for PG courses)
- Post-graduation Marksheet
- Admit Card/ Rank Card of Competitive Examination
- Migration/ Transfer Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Fitness Certificate
Read More: OPJS University Admission
OPJS University Placement
The University has a Placement Cell dedicated to helping, guide, and assist students registered in various courses. The curriculum of the various programs designed to ensure that students are familiar with a holistic learning experience. The Cell organizes on-campus recruitment drives and also conducts interactive sessions between students & industry leaders to provide corporate exposure.
Read More: OPJS University Placement
OPJS University Scholarships
The University provides full or partial financial assistance to registered students under the following categories.
- Entrance-Based: The top ten students who clear the entrance test get 50 percent of concession in tuition fees for the entire course duration.
- Merit-Based: The top ten students of course work examination get a scholarship of 10,000 rupees each.
- Privileges: The students who have cleared NET/SET will get 20 percent of concession in tuition fees for the entire course duration.
Read More: OPJS University Scholarships
OPJS University Facilities
The University offers various facilities to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members. Some of these are as follows.
- Library: The University has a well-furnished central library with a collection of textbooks, national and international journals of well-known publications. It also has an e-library to access the research materials and various Journals.
- Wi-Fi: The University campus has high-speed internet connectivity to help students in the completion of notes, projects, assignments, and presentations.
- Computer Lab: The University provides Computer Labs with state-of-the-art facilities such as high speed leased line internet connectivity, UPS power backup, Linux mail server, and antivirus software protection.
- Modern Classrooms: The classrooms have LCD multimedia projectors, public address systems, collar, and cordless microphones. The University is planning to introduce the Biometric Advanced System in the classrooms.
- Auditorium: The University has a spacious Auditorium with a sitting capacity of around 1000 people equipped with facilities such as high-end projections.
- Sports: The University promotes sports activities and plans to develop grounds for playing outdoor games such as Hockey and Football.
- Hostels: The University has separate hostels for boys and girls. The eco-friendly hostels provide a Dining hall, a Common room, TV and spacious rooms as per the student’s requirement.
- Cafeteria: The food quality is maintained and checked by the canteen owner. Healthy and hygienic food served to the students and staff.
- Campus Clinic: The University provides medical facilities to the students enrolled in various regular courses.
OPJS University Faculty
The University has highly qualified faculty members to deliver quality education to students. Most of the faculty members are Ph.D. degree holders and also published papers in reputed national and international journals.
Read More: OPJS University Faculty
OPJS University FAQs
Ques. Is it worthwhile to join OPJS University in Churu, Rajasthan?
Ques. How are the accommodation facilities for the enrolled students at OPJS University?
Ques. What is the syllabus for the Ph.D. examination at OPJS University?
Ques. How do we reach OPJS University?