Bhubaneswar Engineering College is and affiliation of the Biju Patnaik University of Technology Orissa offering 14 courses across 2 streams namely Engineering, Management, and across 4 degrees like B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, and Diploma. The admission criteria are based on merits obtained by the students in the national level entrance examination such as OJEE, CAT, MAT, etc. The applicants applying for admission need to register themselves online through the official website after appearing in the prescribed examination.
Bhubaneswar Engineering College Highlights
|Established | Type||2008 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Biju Patnaik University|
|Courses||14 courses 2 streams|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
|Facilities||Canteen, Library, Hostel|
|Official Website | Contact||http://www.becbbsr.ac.in/ | 09437044215|
Bhubaneswar Engineering College Courses
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Eligibility to take admission in B Tech, the candidate should have passed 10+2 Examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Biology with 45% mark (40% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in the aggregate
Specializations: Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics, and Telecommunication Engineering
|Diploma||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: To become eligible to take admission in Diploma, a candidate should be passed 10th Examination with 35% marks in the aggregate
Selection criteria: Entrance Test
Subjects: Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Aeronautical Engineering
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 year
Eligibility: Passed or appearing in, Bachelor’s Degree of examination in the relevant field
The candidate should have obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST category)
Selection criteria: Entrance Test
Subjects: Computer Science and Engineering, Thermal Power Engineering, and Electrics Power Engineering
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Passed or appearing in, for the Bachelor’s Degree examination
The candidate should have obtained at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST)
Selection criteria: Entrance Test
Total Seats: 60
Bhubaneswar Engineering College Admission Process
Candidates who wish to seek admission to any of the courses available in college can apply for the same Online. The detailed procedure and steps to apply are given below:
- Visit the official website of ‘Bhubaneswar Engineering College’.
- Click on ‘Admission’ and then on ‘Online Admission’.
- On clicking, the application form will appear on the screen.
- Fill all the details correctly in the application form.
- Pay an application fee through Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- On clicking, the duly filled application form will appear on the screen.
- Download and take a print out of the same.
Note: The ‘Apply Online’ link will be activated with the announcement of the official notification by the college.
BEC Bhubaneswar Admission Criteria
- BTech: The candidate must have a valid score card in JEE-Main and OJEE
- BTech (Lateral Entry): The candidate should have passed or appeared in Diploma engineering with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates). Moreover, the candidate must have a valid score in OJEE.
- Lateral Entry for BSc/ +3 science students: Candidates must have passed or appeared in the course for the Bachelor’s degree examination with at least 45% marks (40% for ST/SC candidates) and must have passed 12th standard with mathematics as a subject. Also, the candidate needs to have a valid score in OJEE.
- MBA: The candidate must have a valid score in a national level admission test such as CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ AIMA/ OJEE.
- MTech: The candidate must have a valid score card in PGAT/ GATE.
- Diploma: They must have a valid score in the Diploma Entrance Test (DET) to get admission in this college for this course.
Bhubaneswar Engineering College Scholarship
Bhubaneswar Engineering College offers financial assistance to deserving and meritorious students studying in its academic program. Mentioned below are the scholarships available at the Institute:
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
- Top Class Education for Scheduled Tribe Students
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarships for Professional and Technical Courses
- National Scholarship for Higher Education for ST students
Bhubaneswar Engineering College Placement
The institute assists their students in their respective placements too and in this order, BEC scheduled regular trips, organizes placement camps, provides special coaching classes, industrial visits on time-to-time. In addition to this, most big brands like Infosys, Oracle, Wipro, Syntel, Cognizant, and many more, visited the campus and employ the students i.e., college assist in placements of their students.
Bhubaneswar Engineering College Facilities
- Boys Hostel: The hostel provides accommodations to students in spacious, well furnished, and elegant rooms with clean and hygienic washrooms with all modern facilities. Wardens look after the well being and safety of all students and ensure them to be in a discipline in the respective boy's hostels regularly.
- Girls Hostel: The hostel provides accommodations to students in spacious, well furnished, and elegant rooms with clean and hygienic washrooms with all modern facilities. Wardens look after the well being and safety of all students and ensure them to be in a discipline in the respective girl's hostels regularly.
- Medical/ Hospital: The College has a health center with a first aid facility for the students
- Gym: The College has a Gym facility for the students.
- Library: A well-stocked library empowered with the latest Lib-Sys software is provided for support teaching, research, academic programs, and technical development programs in BEC Central Library. The main focus is on leveraging intellectual capital. The BEC Central Library is well-furnished with a wide range of books, journals, newspapers, research, publications, and periodicals.
- Sports: The College has sports facilities for all students.
- I.T Infrastructure: The College has an excellent IT Infrastructure facility for the students.
- Cafeteria: The College has a canteen facility for staff and students.
- Auditorium: Learning and Practicing are equipped for education through various media like OHPs, Multimedia presentations, and display panels. Students are encouraged to develop analytical skills and contribute to various forums like in- house publications, workshops, and seminars.
- Transport Facility: The College provides transportation facilities to all the members of its hostel boarders as well as the day scholars.
- Wi-Fi: The College has a Wi-Fi facility for the students and staff.
- Swimming Pool: The College has a Swimming Pool facility for the students.
- Laboratories: Well equipped laboratories and workshops are the training grounds for budding professionals. Laboratories and workshops are equipped with required instruments and are supervised by qualified technicians.
- Guest Room/ Waiting Room: The College has a guest house/waiting room facilities for visiting faculty and student family members.
Bhubaneswar Engineering College FAQs
Ques. Does Rajendra College provide accommodation?
Ques. What are the total fees for B.Tech?
Ques. What are the facilities available in the college?
Ques. Does the college provide scholarships?
Ques. What is the cutoff of an MBA?
Read More: BEC Bhubaneswar Cut off