Established in 2007 SNS College of Engineering is a private institution offering courses in management and engineering. It offers courses on UG, PG as well as doctoral level. As it is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai, the college offers admission to students through its counseling process only. The undergraduate courses are offered in various disciplines including the upcoming fields of data science and mechatronics.
The college has been approved by AICTE and accredited by NBA and given Grade ‘A’ by NAAC UGC. With a dedicated team of faculty members and state of the art infrastructure including all the facilities, the college provides the best of education and skills to its students to make them ready to face any situation in the outer world.
SNSCE Coimbatore Highlights
The interested students can get a glance of the institute through the following points:
|Established I Institute type||2007 I Private|
|Approved/ Accredited by||AICTE, NBA, UGC|
|Affiliated to||Anna University (AU), Chennai|
|Courses offered||B.E/ B.Tech, M.E., MBA, PhD|
|Entrance exams||TNEA, TANCET|
|Top Recruiters||Tech Mahindra, Amazon, L&T Infotech|
|Facilities Available||Hostels, Gymnasium, Library, Sports Complex|
SNSCE Coimbatore Courses
The college offers both UG and PG courses in different fields. It also offers PhD degrees in several disciplines too. The basic eligibility and duration of courses are tabulated below:
|Course Name||Specializations||Basic Eligibility||Duration|
|B.E||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||10+2, Minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics + TNEA||4 Years|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Computer Science and Technology|
|Computer Science and Engineering(Internet of Things and Cyber Security including BlockChain Technology)|
|Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering(Additive Manufacturing)|
|B.Tech||Artificial Intelligence and Data Science|
|M.E||Embedded System Technologies||Minimum 50% marks in B.E. / B. Tech in relevant discipline + TANCET||2 Years|
|MBA||General||Graduate degree with 50% marks + TANCET|
|Ph.D||Computer Science||Candidates with a Master’s degree in the same or related field||Minimum 3 Years|
|Electronics and Communication|
Read more: SNSCE Courses
SNSCE Coimbatore Admissions
- Fill the online application form for TNEA on the official website.
- Payment of TNEA application fee (INR 500 for general candidates and INR 250 for reserved category) can be done online.
- A copy of the printed application from, accompanied by photocopies of educational documents, must be sent to “Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025,”.
- Candidates whose name is listed in merit list will be able to participate in the counselling process.
- Candidates must first apply for TANCET by registering through the TANCET website.
- Both online and offline modes of application are offered by TANCET.
- Candidates applying through any mode of application are required to send a copy of the complete application form and photocopies of all relevant documents to “The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai”
- For offline payment of application fees, a demand draft of INR 500 (INR 250 for reserved category) is to be enclosed with the application form.
- Qualifying candidates are called for a university-level counselling based on which seats are allotted.
Documents that are required during counseling are:
- Class X Mark sheet
- Class XII Mark sheet or Diploma (3 years) Certificate
- Qualifying degree Certificate
- Provisional Certificate
- Mark sheet of all semesters or consolidated mark sheet
Read more: SNSCE Admission 2020
SNSCE Coimbatore Placements
The college has a dedicated Training and Placement Center which helps students prepare well in advance all the skills that are required to ace the placement procedure like aptitude test, HR and technical interviews, group discussions, etc. They also take care that quite a number of companies visit the campus for internships and placements. The highest salary package offered is INR 12 Lakh per annum. The college manages to place a good number of students every year in both core and non-core sectors. Some of the top recruiters of the college are:
- Tech Mahindra
Read more: SNSCE Placement
SNSCE Coimbatore Scholarships
The college provides scholarships to needy and meritorious students apart from center and state funded scholarships. Scholarships worth INR 2 lakhs are offered to the students under various categories with the help from private funding. The students have to maintain a certain CGPA throughout the college years for the continuation of their scholarships.
The college also conducts SNSSAT exam for providing scholarships upto INR 10,000 per year.
Read more: SNSCE Scholarship
SNSCE Coimbatore Facilities
The college provides all the basic facilities to its students in its campus only. The infrastructure of the campus is quite well built with facilities like:
- Library: The College has a central library with a seating capacity of 150 students and almost all the subject related books that the students and staff need. It also provides access to digital e-journals and books.
- Hostel: The College offers separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls.
- Gymnasium: The College has a 12 station multi gym and has all the equipment and machines needed.
- Central Computing Facilities: The College provides access to a wide range of computer systems with important installed softwares.
Apart from these, the college also promotes sports and provides many facilities like sports equipment and racing tracks, sport courts.
SNSCE Coimbatore Faculty
The faculty of SNS College of Engineering is very qualified and trained in terms of teaching in their respective subjects of study. The college faculty members teach and motivate students very well. It is the first Indian institute to implement a design thinking curriculum in education. All the teachers have a PhD degree or equivalent and have many years of experience in teaching. The college is headed by Dr. SN Subramanian as its chairperson who is also a post graduate in his subject.
Ques. Are all the courses approved/ recognized?
Ans. Yes, all Coursed are duly approved by the applicable Govt. authority:
- AICTE [All India Council for Technical Education]
- UGC [University Grants Commission]
- NAAC [Accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council]
- NBA [Accredited by National Board of Accreditation]
- AU, Chennai [Anna University]
Ques. Is residing in hostels compulsory?
Ans. No, staying in a hostel is not compulsory. Students can opt to daily come to college by their own means. However Hostel facility is available if students want to opt for hostels.
Ques. Is any special training provided to students apart from course syllabus?
Ans. Yes, the college provides personality development and soft skills training to its students so that they can perform well in campus placement interviews.
Ques. Are there any part time courses available?
Ans. No, as of now the college only offers full time courses.
Ques. What cultural and extracurricular activities are held in the college?
Ans. The college has many clubs for organizing various activities throughout the year such as literary club, music club, photography club, bikers club, SNSCE SAE India Collegiate club, etc.