St. Xavier’s College is inviting application form for admission to various PG courses. Interested students can apply for the same till October 14. The entrance examination will take place on October 17. The application form can be filled online through the official website of the Institute along with the application fee of INR 1000/-.
St. Xavier’s College Important Date 2020
|Last date for online payment for Admission to PG Course||29 Oct, 2020|
|Last date for online uploading of documents for provisional Admission (PG)||30 Oct, 2020|
|Application Availability for M.com, M.Sc(Microbiology):||10 Apr - 15 Jul, 2020|
|Date And time for Admission Test for M.com, M.Sc(Microbiology)||25 May, 2020|
|Last Date of admission for BCOM & BMS - ISC/CBSE boards||31 May, 2020|
|Last Date of admission for BCOM & BMS - WBHS and other boards||07 Jun, 2020|
|Last Date of admission for ARTS & SCIENCE - All boards||07 Jun, 2020|
|B.Ed Registration Last Date||14 Mar, 2020|
|PG Registration Last DATE||14 Oct, 2020|
|Date for Admission Tests for PG Admission||17 Oct, 2020|
St. Xavier’s College is an autonomous educational institution in Kolkata. It was established in 1860 and affiliated to the University of Calcutta in 1862. SXC Kolkata has recently been ranked 7th amongst the top colleges in India by the NIRF 2020. The higher educational institute provides several Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, and Certificate courses to students of all nationalities and castes. Courses offered at the college include BA, B.Com, B.Sc, BMS, B.Ed, M.Com, MA, M.Sc, etc. Admission to the college is based on merits and entrance exam conducted by the institute.
Graduates from SXC Kolkata are placed in top-notch companies such as Deloitte, PWC, Larsen & Toubro, JP Morgan, Google, IBM, Wipro, ICICI Bank, Usha, etc. with an average salary package of INR 9.5 LPA. The highest salary package offered to these students reached up to INR 14 LPA.
Read More: St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Reviews
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Highlights
|Established | Type||1860 | Private (Autonomous)|
|Affiliation||University of Calcutta|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|
|Society of Contribution||Catholic Roman Minority Religious Body|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Rankings
St. Xavier’s College has been ranked as the top 7th college in Indian by the NIRF in its 2020 rankings. Earlier in the year 2019, St. Xavier’s College Kolkata was ranked 9th and 7th by The Week for Arts and Science respectively.
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Courses
St. Xavier’s College of Kolkata offers courses in undergraduate and postgraduate level courses. The table given below enumerated the courses taught at the college:
|Undergraduate||B.A. B.Com.||Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent
Duration: 3 years
|B.Sc. BMS B.Ed.||Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent
Selection: Admission test
Duration: 3 years
|B.Ed.||Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent
Selection: Merit-Based and Interview
Duration: 3 years
|Postgraduate||M.Com. M.A. M.Sc.||Eligibility: Graduation
Selection: Merit-Based and Interview/NET/JRF
Duration: 3 years
|Postgraduate Diploma||HRM, Mass Communication, Logistics, Supply Chain|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission
The procedure for admission in Undergraduate and postgraduate courses at St. Xavier's College is different as per the course. For a few courses, admissions are merit-based, and for the other few, admission tests are being conducted.
How to Apply?
- Visit the college official website and fill the admission application form.
- Attach all required documents, pay the requisite amount of fees, and submit the form.
- Take the printout of the application form and admit card (in case of admission test) for future reference.
Check here St. Xavier’s College Admission
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Placement
The Placement cell was formed in the academic year 2004-05 and since then, it has been providing employment facilities to the final year students. Also, the cell is engaged in organizing various training workshops and campus drives to help students through their doubts and weaknesses.
Placement Statistics 2018-19
|Number of Students Placed||627|
|Minimum Package||INR 3 LPA|
|Highest Package||INR 20.5 LPA|
|Median Package||INR 5 LPA|
Companies who visited the campus for 2018-19 placements are Deloitte, PWC, Larsen & Toubro, JP Morgan, Google, IBM, Wipro, ICICI Bank, Usha, UBS, Cognizant, Adidas, Ernst & Young, Axis Bank, Zomato, Infosys, HDFC Bank, The Oberoi Group, 3HD Media, Viacom18, MTS, Mondelez, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Titan, Asian paints, HSBC, etc.
Know more St. Xavier’s College Placement
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Scholarships
The college provides various forms of scholarship and freeships to the meritorious students. They are described below:
- Freeship: This is granted to the students on the basis of merit, i.e. their overall performance and performance in academics.
- Late Manoranjan Mitra Memorial Prize: Give to toppers in English subject is provided.
- Dr. Basudeb Banerjee Memorial Scholarship: It is granted to the needy students.
And few more meritorious scholarships and grants are there provided for M.Sc. and Physics students. Tuition Fee Reimbursements are provided to students through:
- Central and State Government Scholarships
- Institutional Scholarships
- Private Scholarships
Read more St. Xavier’s College Scholarship
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Result
St. Xavier’s College conducts semester exams twice a year. The odd semester results are announced in the month of November-December and even semester results are announced in the month of April-May every year. These results are announced on the official website and students can check their results by following the below-given steps:
- Visit the official website of St. Xavier’s College.
- Click on the ‘Students Section’ on the homepage
- On the next page, find the ‘Semester Results’ link and click on it
- The next page will display the list of all the recently declared course-wise results
- Click on ‘Check your result and Download marksheet’
- Enter your ‘Registration No.’ and click on ‘Enter’
- Your result will be displayed on the next screen, save/print it for future use.
Read More: St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Result
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Facilities
The college has various facilities created for the students to help them excel in their career education while in tenure at the college. Some of the facilities are mentioned below:
- Hostel: Separate buildings for the Girls hostel and Boys hostel are constructed.
- Classrooms: There are approximately 50 classrooms on the campus with a capacity of around 70 students at a time. The classrooms are spacious and modernized which helps in a better learning experience.
- Laboratories: 3 computer labs in there along with well-equipped Physics, chemistry, and biotechnology labs. Separate labs for separate academic subjects are there on the campus to avoid disturbances and thus, helps in maintaining focus.
- Library: The Mass Communication and Videography departments have their own libraries to help the students in their filming works and understandings. The central library of the college is double floored, spacious and a peaceful place to concentrate and study. It is digitalized and software oriented.
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Faculty
The college has employed a set of 365 faculty members who are well-qualified, have decent experience and expertise in their specific field. The qualification of each Assistant professor, HOD, and Dean varies from each other. 24 out of the total faculties are national/international recognition award holders from government central agencies.
- Assistant Professor: 259
- Dean / Principal / Director / Vice-Chancellor: 2
- Others: 104
Of the faculty, many are qualified with NET, and Ph.D.:
- Ph.D. qualified faculty: 131
- NET qualified faculty: 41
- Postgraduate qualified faculty: 170
Check here St. Xavier’s College Faculty
St. Xavier’s College FAQs
Ques. Are there any reservations for any of the categories of students?
Ans. Yes, apart from the reservation for Christian students, the college also provides reservations to minority categories such as Scheduled Class, Scheduled Tribe, and Other Backward classes.
Ques. Does the college have any sports clubs for sports players?
Ans. Yes, the college has sports clubs for different outdoor sports, i.e., basketball, cricket, football, volleyball, and table tennis. Track and field sports are there for athletics.
Ques. How’s the crowd and social life of the college?
Ans. The college has a decent crowd with an amazing social life because of its prime location and safe environment.
Ques. Is the college academically valuable for money?
Ans. Yes, the college is academically quite good as it has ranked 2nd for its excellent commerce department academic results and placements. And the overall rank of the college is 7th as stated by NIRF 2020.
Ques. Does this college provide integrated courses or not?
Ans. Yes, the college provides 5-year integrated courses which are:
- P.G. Department of Multimedia and Animation (M.Sc.)
- P.G. Department of Biotechnology (M.Sc)
Ques. Who are some of the notable alumni of St. Xavier’s College Kolkata?
Ans. Some of the notable alumni of St. Xavier’s College Kolkata are:
- B.M. Khaitan
- Chairman Eveready Industries
- Late Jyoti Basu
- Former Chief Minister of West Bengal
- MD. Hamid Ansari
- Vice President of India
- Sanjiv Goenka
- Chairman RPG Enterprises
- L.N. Mittal
- Chairman and CEO Arce/or
- Sourav Ganguly
- Amar Singh
Ques. Will St. Xavier’s College conduct an entrance exam for PG admissions this year?
Ans. Yes, the college will still be conducting entrance exam for PG admissions amid the COVID-19 situation. The question paper will be sent to all the aspirants via mail 15 minutes before the commencement of the exam. The exam will be of 90 minutes duration. The pattern of the test will be the same as per the notification given earlier in the website.
Ques. What is the application fee at St. Xavier’s College Kolkata?
Ans. The application fee at St. Xavier’s College Kolkata is:
- BMS: INR 1000
- B.Ed: INR 500
- MBA: INR 1000
- UG Course: INR 500
- PG Course: INR 500
Ques. Do I need to carry some essentials to the hostel before accommodating it?
Ans. Yes, you need to carry some essentials at the time of joining the Hostel:
- A mattress
- A pillow
- Two bed-sheets and two pillow-covers
- A mosquito net
- A plastic bucket and a mug
- A drinking water bottle
- A suitcase/trunk with a good lock to keep valuables securely locked.
- A lock and keys for the room. A duplicate of the key has to be deposited in the Hostel Office.
Ques. How is the salary package at St. Xavier’s College Kolkata?
Ans. Graduates from the college are offered an average salary package of INR 9.5 LPA and the highest salary package of INR 14 LPA.