NEET 2022 Exam Dates are expected in the 2nd week of January 2022. However, a delay in the current academic session could lead to a delay in NEET 2022 Application Forms release date. Meanwhile, students can download NEET Previous Year Question Papers to get a better idea about the difficulty level and type of questions asked in the paper.
- In NEET 2022, the questions will be asked from 4 major subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. It must be noted that NEET Exam Pattern has been revised based on which all the subjects are divided into 2 sections i.e. A & B with 35 and 15 questions respectively.
- No changes are announced in NEET Syllabus, but to rationalize the reduction of syllabus by various boards NTA has provided the internal choice in Section B of the paper.
- The qualifying NEET percentile is fixed for all the categories i.e. 50 for GN, 45 for GN-PWD, 40 for ST/SC/PWD, however, the qualifying marks vary every year for each category. Check NEET cut off
What is NEET Exam? NEET is the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted in offline mode to offer admission in MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, Nursing, etc courses. All the government and private medical colleges will offer admission under 15% AIQ and 85% State level quota seats. Also, NEET is the only valid exam for admission to institutes like JIPMER, AIIMS, PGIMER, etc.
NEET 2021 Counselling Updates:
NEET 2021 Counselling for admission under 15% AIQ seats is expected to start in the 4th week of January. However, state level counselling registration process has been started by various state authorities like Punjab, HP, etc. Check NEET 2021 Counselling
NEET 2022 Exam Dates
|Events||NEET 2022 Exam Dates (Tentative )||Remarks|
|NEET 2022 Official Notification||January 2022||Visit the official website neet.nta.nic.in|
|NEET 2022 Application form date||July 2022||NEET 2022 Application Form|
|Last date to fill NEET 2022 Application form||August 2022|
|Last date to submit the fees for the Application Form||August 2022|
|NEET 2022 Form Correction Window||August 2022||NEET 2022 Form Correction|
|NEET 2022 Admit Card Release date||September 2022||NEET 2022 Admit Card|
|NEET 2022 Exam date||September 2022||NEET 2022 Exam Dates|
|NEET 2022 Result||October/ November 2022||NEET 2022 Result|
|NEET 2022 Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats||December 2022||NEET 2022 Counselling|
|NEET 2022 Counselling for 85% State Quota Seats||December 2022|
Reasons for Delay in NEET 2022 Exam Dates
- Due to COVID-19, the current academic session i.e. 2021-22 has been delayed and the 2021 counselling session is expected to start after Jan 06, therefore, candidates can expect a delay in the release of NEET 2022 exam dates.
- Some of the state boards have also not released their examination schedule for the class 12 exam, this might also lead to the delay in NEET 2022 exam dates.
NEET 2022 Latest News
- Changes in NEET Syllabus 2022: Speculations are that NTA might remove NEET Physics Syllabus from the 2022 examination along with other major changes in the exam pattern. However, NTA has not confirmed such changes yet.
- Conducting NEET 2022 twice: Last year, the education minister had announced that the authority is trying to conduct the examination twice a year in an online mode. Therefore, this year candidates are expecting that NTA might conduct the examination twice in online mode
- Conducting Authority & Official website of NEET: Conducted by National Testing Agency NTA, the official website is neet.nta.nic.in.
- Admission through NEET: Admission in MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, B.Sc Nursing courses under 15% AIQ seats & 85% State Quota seats
|NEET Previous Year Question Papers||Best Books for NEET Preparation||Unacademy NEET Online Classes & Test Series|
NEET 2022 Exam Highlights
|Name of the exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of exam||Offline (Pen and Paper)|
|Number of questions||200|
|Number of Sections||4; Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice (MCQs)|
|Marking Scheme||+4: Correct -1: Incorrect|
|Total time||180 minutes|
Why NEET 2022?
NEET 2022 is the only exam for candidates who aspire to be a doctor. Candidates seeking admission in the top colleges of India like AIIMS, JIPMER, etc will also have to appear for NEET. No other exam is valid for admission in medical courses.
- Admission in B.Sc Nursing is also offered based on NEET scores.
- AYUSH, Veterinary, etc courses will also be offered after qualifying NEET 2022.
History of NEET Exam
- Before NTA the national level exam was conducted by CBSE.
- But in 2017 Government of India announced that NEET Exam will be the common entrance test for students seeking admission into Undergraduate medical courses.
- Also, candidates are provided with the option to write NEET exam in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese and Gujarati languages from 2017 onwards.
- But recently, NTA has added new language options in NEET increasing the total count to 13.
NEET 2022 Eligibility
NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria must be fulfilled by all the candidates who are planning to appear for the upcoming examination. Any changes in NEET eligibility criteria will also be updated below as per the official updates by NTA.
NEET Age Limit
- The minimum NEET age limit required to apply for the exam is that the candidate must have completed 17 years as on December 31, 2022.
- Also, there is no upper age limit in NEET. Earlier, candidates above 25 years were not allowed to appear for the exam but candidates had challenged the upper age criteria in the Supreme Court, therefore, till the time court will reach to any decision, all those candidates who have completed 17 years are allowed to apply for the exam.
- There is no limit on the number of attempts that is a candidate can take the exam every year.
NEET Education Qualification
- Class 10+2 in PCB and English from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks for the general category candidates.
- Reserved category candidates can apply for the exam with 40% marks in PCB.
- If a candidate has opted for biology as an additional subject in Class 12 is also eligible to apply for the exam.
- Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for the exam.
- NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals are also eligible to appear for the exam.
NEET 2022 Application Form
In the 2021 session, NTA has introduced 2 Phase application process, where candidates will have to fill one NEET application form to appear for the exam and the second one before downloading the result. NEET 2022 Application forms are also expected to be released in the 2 phases and the details for both are mentioned below.
- Step 1 – NTA NEET 2022 Registration: The first step is to generate your login credentials i.e. NTA NEET Registration Number and Password.
- Step 2 – Filling the Online Application Form: Enter your Personal Details, paper medium, exam center choices, educational details, etc.
- Step 3 – Uploading of Scanned Images: Scan and upload Passport size, Post Card size Photo, Signature, Left-hand thumb impression, and Class X Passing Certificate in the form as per the guidelines for Uploading of Photo & Sign in NEET.
- Step 4 – Payment of NEET Application Fee: Candidates will have to pay the application fee through UPI App/ Debit card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking/ E-wallet. After that candidates can download the final application forms for their reference purpose.
NEET 2022 Application Fees
Candidates planning to fill the online application form will have to pay the following fees.
|General – EWS & OBC||INR 1400|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||INR 800|
|Candidates Outside India||INR 7500|
Documents Required to Fill NEET 2022 Application Form
The important documents required to be uploaded along with NEET 2022 application form are mentioned below. Candidates are advised to upload all the documents as per the guidelines prescribed by NTA. Read More Guidelines for Uploading of Photo & Sign in NEET Application Form
|Passport Size Photograph||10 – 200kb ||JPG|
|Post card size photograph|
|Signature||4 – 30kb|
|Left-hand thumb impression||10 – 200kb|
|Class X Passing Certificate||50 – 300kb|
|Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc)|
|Citizenship certificate/ Embassy certificate or any Documentary proof of Citizenship certificate|
NEET 2022 Application Form – Phase 2
In Phase 2 registration, candidates will have to fill the online application form by providing the following details before downloading NEET 2022 Result.
- Personal Details
- Educational Details for 10th
- Educational Details for 12th
- Parents Income Details
- Uploading Documents (Removed by NTA for 2021 session)
NEET Registration Statistics
Category wise total number of registered for NEET last year are provided below:
|Type||No. of Candidates Registered|
|Total No. of Candidates Registered||1614777|
NEET Form Correction 2022
NTA will open NEET Form Correction for the candidates so that they can modify some of the details if filled incorrect.
- Candidates can edit details:
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Person with Disability
- State Code of Eligibility
- Application forms can be accessed by logging in to their accounts at the official website of NTA NEET.
- Only successfully registered candidates can avail of this facility.
NEET Year Wise Question Papers:
NEET Exam Pattern 2022
Based on NEET Exam Pattern, the paper will consist of 200 questions from many different subjects. Candidates having the right information about NEET 2022 exam pattern can prepare for the exam as per the marking scheme and weightage of the subjects.
- NEET exam can be given by the candidates in any of the preferred 13 languages like English/ Hindi/ Urdu, Telugu, Bengali, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Marathi, Assamese, Oriya, Punjabi.
- NEET is an offline examination that is a pen and paper-based entrance exam and according to the expected time, it will be held in May 2022.
- Each question in NEET carries a maximum of four marks.
- The maximum time period for this exam will be 3 hours.
- Chemistry, Physics, Botany, and Zoology, are the subjects for which the candidates will get questions in the NEET exam.
- For every wrong answer, the negative marking will be 1 mark per answer.
|Subject||Sections and Questions|
|NEET Biology Exam Pattern|| |
|NEET Physics Exam Pattern|| |
|NEET Chemistry Exam Pattern|| |
|Internal Choice in Paper|| |
NEET Marking Scheme 2022
Based on NEET marking scheme, for every correct answer candidates will get +4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect. No marks will be deducted or awarded for unattempted questions.
|Subject||Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Marking Scheme|
|NEET Physics Exam Pattern||A||35||140|| |
|NEET Chemistry Exam Pattern||A||35||140|
|NEET Biology Exam Pattern (Botany + Zoology)||A||35 + 35||140 + 140|
|B||15 + 15||40 + 40|
NEET 2022 will be held in 13 languages in offline mode. Candidates opting for English, Hindi, and Urdu can select any exam centers in India but if a candidate is planning to take the exam in regional language then the exam center will only be in that particular state only.
NEET Syllabus 2022
NEET Syllabus 2022 will be released along with the official notification. Last year no changes had been introduced in NEET Syllabus but to rationalize the reduction of the syllabus by various boards NTA had changed the exam pattern and introduced internal choices in the paper.
|Syllabus for class 11||Physics – Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Thermodynamics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Oscillations and Waves|
|Chemistry –Structure of Atom, Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Hydrocarbons, Thermodynamics, Hydrogen, s-block elements, p-block elements, Organic Chemistry, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Environmental Chemistry|
|Biology – Diversity in Living World, Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Cell Structure and Function, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants|
|Syllabus for class 12||Physics – Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electronic Devices, Atoms and Nuclei, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnesium|
|Chemistry –Solutions, Electrochemistry, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, General Principles, Processes of Isolation of Elements, p, d, f – block elements, coordination compounds, Surface Chemistry, Alcohols, Solid State, Phenols, and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones, Chemical Kinetics, and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Biology – Reproduction, Ecology and Environment, Genetics and Evolution, Biotechnology and Its Application, Biology and Human Welfare|
Will Physics be removed from NEET Syllabus 2022?
Rumors are going around regarding two major changes in NEET 2022. One is that NTA might remove Physics from NEET Syllabus and the second is that some major changes might get introduced in the exam pattern. However, NTA has not confirmed any changes yet and candidates are advised to wait for official NEET 2022 notification.
- Reasons for scrapping Physics from NEET Syllabus 2022: Other than the difficulty level of the physics section there is no reason to remove the section from the syllabus. Physics is also an integral part of medical studies therefore it is difficult to believe that the authority will scrap the whole section. Check NEET Physics Syllabus 2022
- From the physics section, candidates have to cover 10 Units from class XI syllabus and 11 Units from class XII syllabus. The overall weightage of this section in NEET is 25%.
Some of the important topics from the physics syllabus are:
|NEET Physics Important Topic|
|Planar Motion||Ray Optics|
Good Attempts in Physics
- Difficulty level of physics is always rated high by the test takers. Solving physics questions requires mathematical calculation, therefore, candidates of biology background found it difficult to solve the questions from this subject.
- With an accuracy level of 60 to 70%, you can score well in this section. Try not to get any negative scores in this section to maintain good scores.
- Last year, 70% of the paper had numerical based questions from topics like Optics, Semi-Conductors, etc.
NEET Chemistry Syllabus 2022
The maximum number of Units that students have to prepare from chemistry i.e. 14 and 16 from Class XI and XII respectively. However, the syllabus of chemistry is considered to be easy and scoring by the students. The overall weightage of chemistry in NEET is 25%. Some of the important topics from NEET Chemistry Syllabus are:
|NEET Chemistry Important Topics|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||IUPAC & Isomerism|
|Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Organic Chemistry – II|
|Chemical Equilibrium||Coordination Compounds|
Good Attempts in Chemistry
- Chemistry is rated easiest section every year. It is also considered one of the scoring sections. Therefore, candidates are advised to solve the maximum number of questions from this subject with a high level of accuracy.
- If you attempt around 35 questions with an accuracy level of 80% then you can score around 100 to 105 marks.
- Candidates an equal number of questions from physical, organic, and in-organic chemistry.
NEET Biology Syllabus 2022
Biology NEET syllabus is further divided into 2 sections i.e. Zoology and Botany and the combined weightage of the section is equal 50% in NEET. Candidates have to cover 5 Units each from classes XI and XII while preparing for biology. Some of the important topics from NEET Biology Syllabus are:
|NEET Biology Important Topics|
|Human Physiology||Plant Anatomy|
|Biological Classification||Plant Kingdom|
|Molecular Basis of Inheritance||Genetics|
|Animal Kingdom||Microbes in Human Welfare|
Good Attempts in Biology
- The maximum number of questions are asked from the Biology section i.e. 100, however, only the first 90 questions attempted by the candidates will be considered while calculating the scores.
- To score higher in this section you have to attempt around 70 questions with an accuracy level of 70%.
- From biology, candidates can expect 4-5 direct questions from NCERT.
- Biotechnology, Human Physiology, Locomotion and Movement, etc are some of the important topics.
NEET 2022 Preparation
Some tips and tricks are mentioned below which you can follow during the initial stage of preparation to avoid stress.
- Diagrams and flowcharts – The preparation of the topics require the proper implementation of the concepts. And this could be done easily through the diagrams and the flow charts and will further help in clearing the concepts and enhancing the learning process. For instance, the circuit diagrams or the electronic configurations would be easy to understand through the formation of the diagrams.
- Chapter-wise analysis - While reading the NCERTs of classes 11th and 12th, always make sure to read chapters chronologically. For instance, chapter one of Physics will help you to easily understand chapter 2 of the book.
- Analysis of Diagrams - Everyone goes through the diagrams but in order to get selection immediately always follow a trick of using a pen or pencil to virtually outline the given diagram in order to feed it in your mind because sometimes merely seeing the diagram does not help you to recall it during the exams.
- Keywords and mnemonics - Always remember that while studying and a theoretical portion of Biology, Physics, and Chemistry, note down the keywords like biological names of flowers, organisms, and creatures in a sticky note, along with this you can also note down the biological process and their details in a line. For instance, photosynthesis: related to plants, and then paste these notes on the wall of your room to see and remember them frequently. For Physics, the formulas related to every topic can be written to save them in the mind.
NEET Physics Preparation
For the preparation of NEET Physics, candidates are advised to start by clearing the basic concepts and preparing the notes for important formulas.
|Clear Basic Concepts of Topics||Prepare Important Formulas Notes|
| || |
Read More How to Prepare for NEET Physics?
NEET Chemistry Preparation
In NEET Chemistry, aspirants can easily divide the syllabus into 3 parts i.e. Physical Chemistry, Organi Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry. Based on that you can start your preparation. The topics to be covered under these 3 categories are:
|Particulars||NEET Physical Chemistry Preparation||NEET Organic Chemistry Preparation||NEET Inorganic Chemistry Preparation|
|Important Topics|| || || |
|Type of Question Asked in Paper||Numerical Based||Direct Questions||Tricky|
Read More How to Prepare for NEET Chemistry?
NEET Biology Preparation
To prepare for NEET Biology divide the whole syllabus into 3 parts i.e. Easy, Medium, and Difficult on the basis of the difficulty level of the topics. The difficulty should be as per your preparation plan and knowledge of that topic.
|Easy Topics||Medium Topics||Difficult Topics|
| || || |
Read More How to Prepare for NEET Biology?
NEET Toppers Tips for Preparation
NEET 2021 Topper Aniruddha Das who has scored 681 marks and 794 AIR rank has cracked the examination in his first attempt. In an interview with News18, he has shared his preparation strategy and paper attempting tricks which are mentioned below:
|Subject Wise Preparation Plan||Exam Attempting Strategy|
| || |
Some of the best books for NEET are provided in the table below. These NEET books are helpful in understanding the syllabus, clearing the basic concepts in order to solve the questions correctly.
NCERT Books for NEET
|NCERT Biology of Class XI and XII||NCERT|
|NCERT Physics of Class XI and XII||NCERT|
|NCERT Chemistry of Class XI and XII||NCERT|
Other Best Books for NEET
|Objective NCERT at your FINGERTIPS for NEET - Biology||MTG Editorial Board|
|Objective NCERT at your FINGERTIPS for NEET - Physics||MTG Editorial Board|
|Objective NCERT at your FINGERTIPS for NEET - Chemistry||MTG Editorial Board|
|Concepts of Physics||H. C. Verma|
|NCERT Physics Textbooks||NCERT|
|D C Pandey Objective Physics for NEET||D C Pandey|
|NCERT Chemistry Textbooks||NCERT|
|GRB A Textbook of Physical Chemistry for NEET||O.P. Tandon|
|Elementary Problems in Organic Chemistry for NEET||M. S. Chauhan|
NEET Practice Papers: Download Language Wise Papers
Candidates can download NEET previous year's question papers and answer keys year wise and subject wise from the links provided below:
|Language||NEET Question Paper||NEET Answer Key|
NEET Mock Tests 2022
NEET mock tests are available on the official website of NTA at nta.ac.in. Candidates can access NEET mock tests by clicking on the "Students" tab then clicking on the mock test. After that, a new window will appear where you can take the subject wise NEET mock tests
- Solving NEET sample papers or taking the mock test will help the candidates to improve their time management skills of answering the questions.
- Students can get a clear picture of the type of questions that can be asked in the examination and the pattern of the paper.
Difficulty Level of Previous Year NEET Exams
Difficulty level of NEET Physics
- Every year candidates rate NEET Physics as the most difficult section and last year also physics was rated difficult by test takers.
- 70% of NEET physics paper had numerical based questions from the topics like Optics, Semi-Conductors, and Photoelectric Effect were tricky.
- Some of the questions were lengthy.
- Other than that, some of the direct formula based questions were also asked. Candidates who had memorized all the important formulas were able to fetch those 4 marks.
Difficulty level of NEET Chemistry
- Chemistry section was rated easy and most of the questions were asked from NCERT.
- Some of the numerical questions were also asked in the paper.
- Questions based on graphs and matching-type questions were also asked in the paper.
- As per the experience of test takers, chemistry was not lengthy.
Difficulty level of NEET Biology
- Botany & Zoology were rated moderate in terms of difficulty level because the questions were from NCERT only.
- From Biotechnology 11-12 questions were asked in paper.
- From Human Physiology, approximately 4 questions were asked from Locomotion and Movement topics.
Number of questions from every subject as per the difficulty level NEET examination held in 2021
|Easy: 6||Easy: 19||Easy: 36|
|Moderate: 36||Moderate: 28||Moderate: 24|
|Difficult: 8||Difficult: 3||Difficult: 40|
NEET 2022 Coaching Centers for Preparation
NEET coaching centers are helpful while preparing for the exam. Candidates can opt for online or offline coaching based on the factors like the experience of teachers, the study material provided by the institutes, timings of the class, strength in one batch so that they can get the attention of the teacher, etc. Some of the top coaching centers in India are:
- Aakash Institute
- Allen Institute
City wise list of NEET Coaching centers can be checked from the links provided below:
|NEET Coaching Centers in Bangalore||NEET Coaching Centers in Delhi|
|NEET Coaching Centers in Mumbai||NEET Coaching Centers in Kolkata|
NEET 2022 Admit Cards
NEET 2022 admit cards carry all the necessary details like subject codes, roll number of the student, venue, and date and time for the examination. Candidates will have to carry their NEET 2022 admit card along with a valid Id proof to the examination center. Entry without the admit card will be prohibited.
- NEET 2022 admit card will be released around 1-2 weeks before the exam date in online mode at the official website.
- Soft copies of NEET admit cards are not accepted at the exam center. Therefore, students should carry the printed admit card for better safety and reassurance.
Documents Required with NEET Admit Card
Along with NEET 2022 admit card candidates will have to carry the following documents to the exam center. Without required documents, no candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- Self Declaration Form.
- NEET Admit Card with Passport size photograph.
- Aadhar Card or any other valid ID proof must be present at the time of examination.
- Carry multiple passport size photographs.
- Carry one passport size photograph to be affixed on the Attendance Sheet.
NEET 2022 Exam Centers
NEET 2022 exam centers are expected to be in 202 cities. Last year, NTA had conducted the exam in 3858 exam centers and had also increased the total number of NEET exam centers for Odisha state from 54 to 83.
- 2 international NEET exam centers had also been added to the list in the 2021 session i.e. Kuwait and Dubai.
- Candidates planning to appear for NEET 2022 can also expect the same number of exam centers this year. Candidates can opt for 4 exam centers based on the order of their preference while filling the online application forms.
- The allotted NEET 2022 exam center will be mentioned in your admit card.
NEET Dress Code 2022
|What to Wear?||What Not to Wear?|
|NEET Dress Code for Women|
|Salwar, Trousers||Hairpins, bands, Ornaments|
|Sandals/ Flip-on||Entirely closed shoes to be avoided|
|Burqa / Hijab||Heavy embroidery is to be avoided|
|Light-half sleeved tops/ tees||Big & fancy tops/ skirts with inner pockets|
|NEET Dress Code for Men|
|Light half-sleeved shirts / Tshirts||Metal watches must not be worn|
|Sandals / Slippers||No shoes|
|Basic Trousers||No Jeans|
|Turbans can be worn by Sikhs||No bands in the wrist or other ornaments|
NEET 2022 Exam Day Guidelines
Do’s for Exam Day
- Carry NEET 2022 admit card
- Carry 2 passport size photographs
- Carry a valid photo Id proof
- PWD Certificate if required
- Other important documents mentioned in the admit card to be carried.
Don’ts for Exam Day
- Do not carry Calculator, Writing Pad, Eraser, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner, etc.
- Mobile Phones, Earphones, Health bands, etc are not allowed.
- Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Watch, Bracelet, etc are not allowed.
- Eatable items are not allowed.
- Candidates suffering from diabetes can carry sugar tablets or fruits and a transparent water bottle.
NEET Result 2022
NEET Result 2022 will be released a few weeks after the conclusion of the exam. The result will be released on the official website in the scorecard format.
- In the 2021 session, NTA had adopted 2 phase application process where the Phase 2 Application Form needs to be completed before downloading the result.
- If the same format will be used in NEET 2022 then candidates will have to complete the phase 2 application forms also in order to become eligible to download the result. Otherwise, the result will not be declared for those candidates who will miss the phase 2 form.
- The validity of NEET scorecard is only one year which contains all the important details like NEET AIR – All India Rank, NEET category rank, NEET Cut off etc. Read More NEET Validity
NEET Merit List 2022
The National Testing Authority (NTA) will release the NEET Merit list and provide it to the counselling body i.e. DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The merit list will be derived on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates. Three types of merit lists will be prepared by the authorities:
|Type of NEET Merit Lists||Details|
|Overall NEET Merit List For All India|| |
|15% AIQ Merit List|| |
|85% State Level Merit List|| |
NEET Tie Breaking Criteria: Updated
NTA has revised NEET Tie Breaking Criteria to break the tie between those candidates who will be scoring the same marks in the examination. Earlier age factor was also used to determine unique ranks but in the 2021 session when the result was declared this criteria was not used. If two or more candidates have scored the same in the exam then the following method will be used to assign the ranks.
- Candidates scoring higher marks in biology will be given preference or a higher rank.
- If the tie does not break then the candidates scoring high marks in chemistry will be given a higher rank.
- If still there is a tie then the candidate will less number of incorrect responses in comparison to correct responses will be given a higher rank.
- If the tie does not break after applying all the above mentioned methods then candidate will be allotted same rank.
- The same was implemented in 2021 session but in order to conduct the counselling process unique ranks were required, therefore, the authority had to use that age factor to break the tie.
- The authority had also released the updated scorecards with updated AIR.
NEET Result Statistics
Based on the details released by NTA for the examination held in 2021 the number of candidates registered, appeared, and qualified for the exam is mentioned below in the table.
|Category||No. of Registered Candidates||No. of Candidates Appeared||No. of Qualified Candidates|
NEET Cut Off 2022
Candidates can check NEET cut off for the 2020 and 2021 sessions in the table below. In comparison to 2020, the cut-off marks in 2021 have been lowered.
- For the general category, the qualifying cut off marks have been lowered by 9 marks in 2021.
- Similarly, for reserved category candidates cut off marks range has been lowered by 9-5 in 2021.
- Candidates can check the category-wise cut-off to get better clarity about the changes in NEET Cut off over the years.
|Group/Category||NEET Percentile||NEET cut off 2020||NEET Cut off 2021|
NEET Cut off for Top Medical Colleges
The closing ranks provided below are based on round 1 of counselling for general category candidates. The colleges might have accepted the candidates with higher ranks in the further rounds of counselling.
|Name of Medical Colleges||2020 closing rank||2019 closing rank||2018 closing rank||2017 closing rank||2016 closing rank|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||89||32||58||49||44|
|VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||138||157||107||82||106|
|University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||292||171||165||185||128|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi||400||489||314||369||263|
|Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai||935||638||296||297||408|
NEET 2022 Reservation Criteria
The reservation of seats is provided in the terms of age relaxations and relaxation in the cut–off marks of the SC, ST, and OBC candidates.
|Reserved Categories||Percentage of reservation of seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non – Creamy layer||27%|
NEET 2022 Counselling
NEET 2022 Counselling will be conducted for two types of seats i.e. AIQ seats and state quota seats. The 15% AIQ seat counselling is conducted by MCC which is a centralized counselling process where candidates from all over India can participate in the admission process at one platform. On the other hand, 85% state quota counselling is conducted separately by each state to offer admissions to the domicile candidates of that particular state in the medical colleges. For admission under state quota seats, candidates will have to apply separately at the official website of that particular state.
Type of Seats in NEET
- 15% AIQ Seats
- 85% State Government Quota Seats.
- Admission to 15 AIIMS and 2 JIPMER colleges.
- Central Institutions/ Universities/ Deemed Universities.
- Ayurveda, Dental, Siddha, Homeopathy, Unani Colleges
- State/ Management/ NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical
Ayush NEET Counselling 2022
- NEET AYUSH 2022 counselling will be conducted by AACCC for 15% AIQ.
- State counselling authorities will offer admission in under 85% of state quota seats.
- All the eligible candidates will have to register online to participate in the counseling process by providing the details like personal, academic, contact, etc.
- While filling the online application forms candidates will have to enter the preference of colleges and courses based on which the final seat allotment list will be prepared.
|AYUSH UG Programs||BAMS,BHMS, BNYS, BUMS & BSMS|
|AYUSH Seats (Approx.)||52,720|
|Total AYUSH colleges||914 BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, BSMS, and BNYS colleges|
|AYUSH Counselling Body||AYUSH Admission Central Counselling Committee (AACCC)|
|Official website of AYUSH Counselling||aaccc.gov.in|
Types of Seats Offered in AYUSH Counselling
- 15% All India Quota in BAMS / BUMS / BSMS / BHMS seats in UG courses in Government Colleges
- 100% seats in National/ Central Institutions.
- 100% seats of B.A.M.S. in Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- 50% seats of BUMS in AMU, Aligarh.
- 100% seats of BAMS/ BUMS/ BSMS/ BHMS in all deemed universities.
Ayush NEET Cut off 2022
Till the time of declaration of official cut off for the 2022 session candidates can check 2020 cut off which was revised due to various vacant seats after the conclusion of counselling.
|Category||Reduced/ Revised Percentile||Reduced/ Revised cut off scores (2020)|
|UR PwD||35th percentile||112-99|
|SC/ST/OBC PwD||30th percentile||112-87|
Scope After Qualifying NEET 2022
Courses offered to NEET qualified candidates:
|Area of Medical Program||Course Name|
|Ayurvedic||AYUSH Courses: BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, BYNS, BSMS|
|Veterinary||BVSc & AH|
Best Medical Colleges in India 2022
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, AIIMS||New Delhi||1|
|Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, PGIMER||Chandigarh||2|
|Christian Medical College, CMC||Vellore, Tamil Nadu||3|
|National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore||Bangalore, Karnataka||4|
|Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh||5|
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu||6|
|Banaras Hindu University, BHU||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh||7|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, JIPMER||Puducherry, Pondicherry||8|
|King George`s Medical University||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh||9|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Manipal, Karnataka||10|
Read More NEET 2022 Participating Colleges
NEET College Predictor 2022
Collegedunia has come up with NEET College Predictor in order to assist the candidates to get a list of colleges on the basis of their expected NEET score.
- NEET College Predictor uses the opening and closing ranks of previous years' cut off data and lists the colleges suitable for you.
- You can also use filters like category, state, etc for more specific results.
- Students can also get an idea about the relation between marks and ranks from the table below:
|Marks Range||AIR Rank|
|650+||1000 – 2000|
|600+||5000 – 10000|
|550+||15000 – 20000|
|500+||20000 – 30000|
NEET 2022 Common Service Centers
NEET CSC or Common service centers are to help candidates of rural areas where students do not have the access to high-speed internet. In order to facilitate those candidates to apply for the exam successfully, NTA has started CSC service.
- NEET CSC centers are equipped with high-speed internet facilities and provide their services in remote areas.
- CSC charges a very low fee for their services.
- To avail CSC facility, you can locate the nearest center by visiting their official website i.e. csc.gov.in.
- You can also call on this number -18001213468 to locate a center near you.
The fee chart of services provided by CSC is given below:
|Facility offered||Fees in INR|
|Creating Email for Registration, Filling Application Form, Payment of Fees, Submission of Form, Printo out of application form||25|
|Online Payment Fees||0.5% of Transaction|
|Downloading Admit card, Answer key, OMR sheet||10|
|Filling out responses with respect to answer key||25|
|Document printing||5 per page|
NEET 2022 FAQs
Q1. Will NEET 2022 syllabus be reduced due to COVID-19, especially will NTA remove physics from NEET syllabus?
Ans. As of now, there is no such announcement has been made. Any new changes in NEET 2022 syllabus (if made for 2022) will be updated instantly on the official website of the NEET examination.
Q2. Will there be any Change in NEET 2022 Exam Pattern?
Ans. There is no change in the exam pattern of NEET 2022 and will remain the same as the previous NEET examinations. Although, due to increasing cases of covid, NTA may conduct NEET 2022 in computer-based mode, like JEE Main. All the updates regarding the NEET examination and changes related to it will be updated on its official website and will be seen in news channels.
Q3. Should I take the Coaching for NEET 2022?
Ans. Yes, you should join coaching for NEET 2022. Coaching gives you great exposure to quality teaching, questions, and the tests conducted on the basis of NEET exam pattern. It will help you in staying confident to crack NEET 2022. Also, the coachings are properly experienced ones, thus, encouraging students through proper guidance and techniques to qualify for the examination.
Q4. Can a 12th pass-out candidate appear directly in NEET examination?
Ans. Yes, the students who have just passed out from the 12th standard are eligible to appear in NEET entrance examination. Although, the level of their preparation decides if they want to appear in NEET soon after qualifying 12th standard or they want to take a year drop out to strengthen their preparation.
Q5. In which colleges admission is given to the qualified candidates of the NEET entrance examination?
Ans. The qualified candidates are eligible to get admission in the AIIMS, JIPMER, and various other medical colleges of India.
Q6. How many total questions are there in the NEET examination?
Ans. 200 questions are there in NEET. Candidates will get the internal choice in section B of the paper and they have to attempt only a maximum of 180 questions.
Q7. What are the main subjects focused upon in the NEET examination?
Ans. All the questions are divided into Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the entire paper.
Q8. What are the maximum marks for NEET 2022?
Ans. 720 marks are the maximum out of which candidates have to score.
Q9. What were the safety provisions provided by the NTA for the NEET examination?
Ans. For maintaining proper social distancing this time the exam centers were increased from 2546 to 3843 and all other safety instruments like sanitizer and masks were made compulsory.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.