DU to conduct an Open House for UG applicants on October 5 for admissions that begin from October 12. Read Here for more information. The last date for updating class XII marks for UG applicants ends on October 5. NTA has released DUET Answer Key for 2020 on September 26. Applicants for both UG and PG can check their responses or challenge responses. DU has released 2020 Admission Schedule for UG and PG courses. Hindu College released its seat matrix for UG Admission 2020.
Hindu College Admission Dates 2020
|Online registration for various programs||June 20, 2020|
|Last date to fill UG application form||August 31, 2020|
|Start date of registered form editing||September 12, 2020|
|Last date to edit the submitted registration form||October 5, 2020|
|Display of first Cut off list (tentative)||October 12, 2020|
|Admission against 1st cut off list||October 12, 2020, to October 14, 2020|
|Last day of payment against 1st Cutoff||October 16, 2020|
|Admission against 2nd cut off list||October 19, 2020, to October 21, 2020|
|Last day of payment against 2nd cut off list||October 23, 2020|
|Admission against 3rd cut off list||October 26, 2020, to October 28, 2020|
|Last day of payment against 3rd cut off list||October 30, 2020|
|Admission against 4th cut off list||November 2, 2020, to November 4, 2020|
|Last day of payment against 4th cut off list||November 6, 2020|
|Admission against 5th cut off list||November 9, 2020, to November 11, 2020|
|Last day of payment against 5th cut off list||November 13, 2020|
|Session commences||November 18, 2020|
|Admission against special cut off||November 18, 2020, to November 20, 2020|
|Last day of payment against special cut off||November 22, 2020|
Hindu College Expected Cutoffs Admission 2020
The college is set to release its first cutoff for UG Admission 2020 on October 12, 2020. The following table shows previous year’s cutoffs along with their fee:
|Courses||Cutoff 2019 (Gen)||Total Fee|
|B.Com (H)||98.25%||INR 18,010|
|BA (H) Economics||98.5%||INR 17,310|
|BA (H) English||97.75%||INR 17,310|
|BA (H) Political Science||99%||INR 17,310|
|BA (H) History||98%||INR 17,310|
|BA (H) Sociology||97%||INR 17,310|
|B.Sc (H) Physics||98.33%||INR 20,210|
|B.Sc (H) Mathematics||97.75%||INR 18310|
|B.Sc (H) Zoology||97.33%||INR 20,210|
|B.Sc (H) Statistics||97.75%||INR 19,010|
Since cutoffs for 2020 are expected to be released soon, that is, by October 12, 2020, applicants can check DU Expected Cutoff 2020 for Hindu College Admissions.
Hindu College offers various UG and PG level courses in Commerce, Science and Arts streams. At present it offers admission in BA Prog, BA (H), B.Sc, B.Com, MA, M.Sc and M.Com courses. There are a total of 956 seats available for 2020 admission at Hindu College, including those seats which are reserved. Applications are to be submitted online through the Common DU Admission 2020 Portal.
Admissions are either entrance based or merit based or both in some cases. The guidelines and rules for admission are set by the Delhi Universuty Read on for more details:
- The basic eligibility criteria for BA (Prog), BA (H), B.Sc. and B.Com admissions is having qualified 10+2 with a certain set of compulsory subjects. Which are considered for best of four during admissions based on the cut-off.
- According to the 2019 cut-offs, BA (Prog) saw the highest cut-off of 97.75% (Pol Sc+History). While the cut off for BA (H) Political Science was 99%. B.Com (H) saw 98.25%.
- Admissions for UG courses are merit based, that is based on scores of class XII board exams. Applications for admissions are accepted through a common portal which is opened in May every year.
- PG admissions at Hindu College are based upon the marks secured in bachelor’s degree. The students may be asked to appear for DUET an entrance exam. Admissions are decided by the department and allotment is based on the cut-off released by each college.
- Applications for admission to MA, M.Sc and M.Com are accepted through the DU PG Portal. Students have to mark their choice for appearing for the DUET exam or leave it unmarked if scores in graduation are 60% or above.
Hindu College is a public college which comes under the University of Delhi and follows the rules for admission laid by it. The college was established in 1889, only recently celebrated its 118th Founder’s Day. Hindu College is a premiere academic college of DU and it proved its mettle by securing rank #2 by NIRF for 2020. It is also ranked #1 for Arts and Science and #2 for Commerce by India Today 2020 rankings.
It is also NAAC accredited with an ‘A+’ grade in the first grading cycle. The College is known for offering its programs in Arts, Commerce and Science streams. Admissions are based on the cut-offs released by Hindu College which is uploaded both on the college website and of DU.
Hindu College Admission Highlights 2020
|Institution Name||Hindu College|
|Parent Institution||University of Delhi (DU)|
|Type of Institution||Public|
|Courses Offered||BA (Prog) / BA (H) / B.Sc. (H) / B.Com (H) / MA / M.Sc. / M.Com|
|Entrance Required||DUET for PG programs|
|Admissions Offered||UG: Based on merit PG: Entrance|
|Application Fee||INR 200 (UR/OBC) INR 100 (SC/ST/PWD/ECA)|
|Reservation||5% seats reserved for ECA or Sports Quota|