- Item 1
Kalindi College was established in 1967 and has been approved by NAAC as an 'A' Grade College. The college is affiliated to University of Delhi.
It offers BA, B,Com, B,Sc., B,Voc Programs at UG level and MA program at PG level. Admissions to the UG courses is merit based and PG courses are either merit based or entrance based.
The top recruiters of the college are American Express, ICICI Bank, Aaj Tak, and NDTV India.
The major facilities provided by the college are Library, Conference Halls, Labs, Cyber Centre and Research Centre, Medical and Counselling Facility, Auditorium, Canteen, and Facilities for Special Needs.
Kalindi College Cutoffs 2020
|Courses||Cut off 1 (Gen)||Cut off 2 (Gen)||Cut off 3 (Gen)||Cut off 4 (Gen)||Cut off 5 (Gen)||Special Cut off (Gen)||Fee|
|BA (Hons.) Economics||98.00||95.00||93.50||Closed||Closed||93.50||INR 27,591|
|BA (Hons.) English||91.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||INR 27,591|
|BA (Hons.) Geography||93.00||91.00||90.50||Closed||Closed||Closed||INR 38,391|
|B.Com (Hons.)||98.00||95.00||93.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||INR 33,891|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Botany||93.00||91.00||89.00||88.00||Closed||Closed||INR 39,891|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Chemistry||93.00||92.00||Closed||91.00||Closed||90.00||INR 39,891|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Computer Science||92.00||90.50||Closed||90.00||Closed||90.00||INR 87,741|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Mathematics||93.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||93.00||INR 39,891|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Physics||95.00||92.00||91.00||Closed||Closed||91.00||INR 39,891|
Kalindi College Admission Dates 2020
|Registration Begin for UG / PG Courses||20 Jun, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply for PG Courses||18 Jul, 2020|
|Class XII Marks Updation Last Date||09 Aug, 2020 – 05 Oct, 2020|
|Last Date for UG Registration||31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Applications Available||20 Jun - 31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Admit Card (Released)||29 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Exam Date||06 Sep - 11 Sep, 2020|
|UG / PG DUET 2020 Answer Key (Released)||26 Sep, 2020|
|First Cutoff Release Date||10 Oct, 2020|
|Admission Against First Cutoff||12 Oct, 2020 – 14 Oct, 2020|
|Fee Payment Deadline (First List)||16 Oct, 2020 (Upto 11:59 p.m.)|
|Second Cutoff Released||17 Oct, 2020|
|Third Cutoff Released||24 Oct, 2020|
|Fourth Cutoff Released||31 Oct, 2020|
|Fifth Cutoff Released||7 Nov, 2020|
|First List for PG 2020 Admissions Released||18 Nov, 2020|
|DU Special Cutoff (Released)||23 Nov, 2020|
|Admission in Special Cutoff||24 Nov, 2020 – 25 Nov, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||27 Nov, 2020|
|Admission Against Sixth Cutoff||30 Nov, 2020 – 2 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (6th Cutoff Admission)||4 Dec, 2020|
|Admission Against Seventh Cutoff (If Released)||7 Dec, 2020 – 9 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (7th Cutoff Admission)||11 Dec, 2020|
Kalindi College, New Delhi Highlights
|Established | Type||1967 | Public|
|Affiliated to||University of Delhi|
|Accredited by||NAAC and UGC|
|Admission Criteria||UG: Merit Based
PG: Entrance Test/Merit Based
|Course Streams||Arts, Science, Commerce|
|Popular Courses||B.A., B.Com., B.Sc., B.Voc., M.A.|
|Top Recruiters||American Express, ICICI Bank, Aaj Tak,NDTV India , etc.|
|Infrastructure Facilities||Library, Conference Halls, Labs, Cyber Centre and Research Centre, Medical and Counselling Facility, Auditorium, Canteen.|
|Campus Area||8.25 Acres|
Kalindi College Rankings
Since Kalindi College is affiliated to University of Delhi, here's the ranking of University of Delhi. Kalindi College was ranked amongst top 150 colleges in India by NIRF 2020 Ranking.
Kalindi College Courses
Kalindi College offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Certificate courses.
|B.Sc.||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Students must have completed their 10+2 in Science stream.
Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, IT, Computer Science, Biotechnology
|B.A.||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Students must have completed 10+2 (HSC) in either Commerce / Science / Arts Stream.
Subjects: Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Botany, Chemistry, Zoology
|B.Com||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Students must have completed 10+2 (HSC) in either Commerce / Science.
|B.Voc||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Students from Arts / Science / Commerce streams in 10+2 (HSC).
Subjects: Printing Technology, Web Designing
|M.A.||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Students must have completed graduation preferably B.A.
Subjects: Hindi, Political Science, Sanskrit
Read More: Kalindi College Courses & Fee
Kalindi College Admissions
Admission to a UG program, the selection process is merit-based. While getting admission into the PG program is either merit-based or entrance exam based.
How to Apply?
Since Kalindi College is a constituent of DU, it follows the application process of DU.
The application can be done online by following these steps:
- Visit the Official Registration Portal of DU.
- If you are a new candidate, create a new account, if not, log in to your existing DU account.
- After login, fill the application form with personal, academics, communication, and bank details.
- Select the course.
- Upload the passport size photograph, signature, class X and XII marksheet, and other self attested certificates.
- Preview and submit the form.
- Pay the application fee via online payment method.
- Original Class 10 Board Examination Certificate.
- Class 10 Mark-Sheet
- Class 12 Mark-Sheet
- Class 12 Provisional Certificate/ Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by competent authority.
- Transfer or leaving certificate.
- Graduation certificate in case applying for Post Graduation.
- Original Aadhar Card of student for verification.
- Original PAN card of student for verification.
- At least two passport size self-attested photos.
Read More: Kalindi College Admission
Kalindi College 2019 Cut-Off
The following table represents the Category-wise First Cut-Off list of some of the popular courses (BA Hons. English/Economics, B.Com Hons., B.Sc. Hons. Botany & Mathematics) taught at Kalindi College:
|Category | Courses||BA Hons. English||BA Hons. Economics||B.Com Hons.||B.Sc. Hons. Botany||B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics|
Kalindi College Placements
Kalindi College has a dedicated Training and Placement Cell with 16 student members. The cell organizes an annual Job Fair every year. It also provides internship opportunities to the students.
An annual job fair named WORKEX 2020 was organized on 2nd March 2020. More than 200 students from DU participated in this Job fair. Some of the companies that participated were Outbooks, Young Engine, Book My PG, Prakhar Software Pvt Ltd, and Unnati.
Read More: Kalindi College Placement
Kalindi College Scholarships
Kalindi College offers scholarships to the deserving as well as underprivileged students. Following are the name of the Scholarships offered by the college:
|Name of Scholarship||Awarded to|
|Golden Jubilee Scholarship||Best all rounder student (in all three streams) of the college|
|Silver Jubilee Scholarship||Best all rounder student of the college|
|Sushma Gupta Scholarship||Second Best all rounder student of the college|
|Audhya Gupta Memorial Scholarship||Best all rounder student of 2nd Year|
|Iqbal Devi Memorial Scholarship||Best all rounder student of 1st Year|
Read More: Kalindi College Scholarships
Kalindi College Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the Institution to cater to the needs of the students as well as the staff members.
- Library: The college features a well-stocked library with over 81,889 books on different disciplines to cater to the academic needs of the students/faculty. The library subscribes to 109 national and international journals/magazines and 16 Newspapers.
- Laboratories: The college comprises high-end Labs dedicated to each of its departments, namely Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geography, Journalism, Physics, Music, Zoology, B.Voc.
- Cyber Centre and Research Centre:
- Student’s Cyber Centre: The Cyber centre, inaugurated by Prof. Dinesh Singh, the Vice-Chancellor, University of Delhi, is well-connected with Delhi University Network via optical fiber with a speed of 4MBPS. It has 2 Servers, 1 Router, 8 switches, and 120 computers.
- Teacher’s Cyber Centre: To promote academic and research activities, the college has set up an exclusive cyber centre for the teachers, adjoining the Student’s Cyber Centre, with about 35 computers, all connected through LAN and Internet.
- UGC Resource Center: It houses a new UGC resource network centre which has 8 computers with the latest specifications for research projects.
- Medical Facility: College provides good medical facilities to the students and staff. A well maintained medical room with a bed, wheelchair, screen, weighing machine, sphygmomanometer, steamer, and good quality of medicines is located in the TRI block. A doctor comes on alternate days in a week. The doctor is available for the students and staff for their minor complaints from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Read More: Kalindi College Reviews
Kalindi College Faculty
Kalindi College has excellent faculty including both the teaching and non-teaching faculties. Almost all of them are highly experienced and very supportive. Most of them have done either a Masters or a Ph.D. in their respective fields.
Overall, there are approx. 72 faculty members including the Principal of the college Dr. Anula Maurya among which 34 are Ph.D. holders.
Read More: Kalindi College Faculty
Kalindi College FAQs
Ques. Can I enroll myself for a certificate language course along with my regular graduation course at Kalindi College?
Ques. How is the infrastructure of Kalindi College?
Ques. What all documents are required for a student planning to take admission under various caste-based reservations (SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PWD) at Kalindi College?
Ques. How to reach Kalindi College?
- 2 kms (from Patel Nagar Metro Station, Delhi)
- 8.9 kms (from Inter State Bus Terminal. New Delhi)
- 5.3 kms (from Patel Nagar Railway Station)
- 19.1 kms (from IGI Airport, Delhi)