Rajdhani College, New Delhi was started under the name of Government College by the Delhi administration in the year 1964. It is a constituent college of Delhi University. It offers Undergraduate courses spread out in the domains of Commerce, Science, Social Science, and Humanities. It also offers Postgraduate programs and certificate courses to its students. Admission to courses is based on merit and follows criteria as laid down by Delhi University.
Rajdhani College Admission 2020 Dates
|Registration Begin for UG / PG Courses||20 Jun, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply for PG Courses||18 Jul, 2020|
|Class XII Marks Updation Last Date||09 Aug, 2020 – 05 Oct, 2020|
|Last Date for UG Registration||31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Applications Available||20 Jun - 31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Admit Card (Released)||29 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Exam Date||06 Sep - 11 Sep, 2020|
|UG / PG DUET 2020 Answer Key (Released)||26 Sep, 2020|
|First Cutoff Release Date||10 Oct, 2020|
|Admission Against First Cutoff||12 Oct, 2020 – 14 Oct, 2020|
|Fee Payment Deadline (First List)||16 Oct, 2020 (Upto 11:59 p.m.)|
|Second Cutoff Released||17 Oct, 2020|
|Third Cutoff Released||24 Oct, 2020|
|Fourth Cutoff Released||31 Oct, 2020|
|Fifth Cutoff Released||7 Nov, 2020|
|First List for PG 2020 Admissions Released||18 Nov, 2020|
|Special Cutoff Released||23 Nov, 2020|
|Admission in Special Cutoff||24 Nov, 2020 – 25 Nov, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||27 Nov, 2020|
|Admission Against Sixth Cutoff||30 Nov, 2020 – 2 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (6th Cutoff Admission)||4 Dec, 2020|
|Admission Against Seventh Cutoff (If Released)||7 Dec, 2020 – 9 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (7th Cutoff Admission)||11 Dec, 2020|
Rajdhani College Cutoffs 2020
|Courses||Cut off 1 (Gen)||Cut off 2 (Gen)||Cut off 3 (Gen)||Cut off 4 (Gen)||Cut off 5 (Gen)||Special Cut off||Fee|
|BA (Hons) Economics||96.00||96.00||95.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||INR 32,500/-|
|BA (Hons) English||92.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||92.00||Closed||INR 32,500/-|
|BA (Hons) Hindi||85.00||85.00||Closed||Closed||84.50||Closed||INR 32,500/-|
|BA (Hons) History||89.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||INR 32,500/-|
|BA (Hons) Political Science||93.00||93.75||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||INR 32,500/-|
|B.Com (Hons)||96.00||95.00||Closed||Closed||94.00||Closed||INR 32,500/-|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry||92.00||Closed||92.00||Closed||90.00||Closed||INR 39,160/-|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics||92.50||Closed||93.25||Closed||91.25||Closed||INR 39,160/-|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Physics||95.00||94.00||91.30||Closed||Closed||Closed||INR 39,160/-|
Rajdhani College Highlights
|Affiliated to||Delhi University|
|Recognition & Accreditation||UGC, MHRD, NAAC|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance-based|
|Name of Entrance||PG: DUET|
Rajdhani College Courses
The College offers undergraduate courses in various domains. It also offers Postgraduate courses including M.A and M.Com, and certificate programs.
Read more Rajdhani College Courses & Fees
Rajadhani College Admission
Admission to the undergraduate courses is done on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in 10+2 examination. Whereas, admission to the postgraduate courses is done on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in bachelor’s degree or DUET exam, conducted by Delhi University.
Candidates need to have secure minimum marks in the last qualifying examinations as prescribed by the college. The college will release the cut-off marks in multiple stages, verify the documents and approve the admission
How to apply?
- Register at the common portal of application to all undergraduate courses under Delhi University
- Download the application form
- Pay the application fee of Rs.250/- for General/OBC candidates (Rs.100/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates) through Demand Draft drawn in favor of the Principal, of the College.
Read more Rajdhani College Admission
Rajdhani College Placement
The placement cell of the college continuously works in opening up the best internship and job opportunities to the students. They organize an annual placement program for the students. A good number of students get placed every year.
Various companies who have visited the college for placement include Reliance, EY, KPMG, Google, Tata, Wipro, Lido Learning, Policy Bazar, etc.
Read more Rajdhani College Placements
Rajdhani College Scholarships
The college offers various scholarships and prizes to the students based on different criteria. Some of them are listed below:
- Scholarships for SC/ST Students: Scholarships are provided by the Directorate of Education, Government of Delhi after completion of application through college. Cast and income certificates have to be attested by the Principal and attached to the application. The last date for applying is August 31st every year
- Shri Sultan Chand & Co. Memorial Scholarship in Commerce: This can be availed by the meritorious students of B.Com (Hons)
- All India Entrance Scholarship: It provides a sum of Rs.250 per month for three years based on the results of a competitive exam conducted by Delhi University. Any Honours student with a minimum aggregate of 50% is eligible to apply.
Read more Rajdhani College Scholarships
Rajdhani College Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the college to cater to the needs of its students:
- Labs- It has multiple departmental labs working with the vision of promoting innovations and research. It also has a Central Computing lab open to all students and a Robotic lab established in collaboration with e-Yantra IIT Bombay.
- Library- There is a three-storeyed library complex with many facilities like high-speed internet, printers, computers and an OPAC facility to access to various books, journals, e-journals, magazines, etc. The college also has a specialty of having a Braille library and a section specifically designed for persons with disabilities with facilities like book scanning, screen reading, digital audio-books, etc.
- Auditorium- Rajdhani College has a fully air-conditioned auditorium has a capacity of 200 people and hosts various cultural events and conferences.
- Canteen- With generous seating arrangement and minimized rates, the canteen serves delicious and healthy food to all students.
- Sports- It has a very well well-maintained ground and students play at the club, state, and national levels in cricket, football, etc.
- Other facilities- Photocopier and Stationery shop, Seminar hall, Medical room, Bank
Rajdhani College FAQs
Ques: What is the reservation criterion in this College?
Ans: 22.5% of the total number of seats is reserved for the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes category. 7% are reserved for the OBC category, 5% for foreign students, and applicants under the armed forces category. 3% of the seats are for applicants having a minimum 40% disability.
Ques: How to reach college?
Ans: It is located within walking distance from Rajouri Garden and Ramesh Nagar metro station. DTC buses are also available which stops right next to the college.
Ques: Does Rajdhani College have a Hostel facility?
Ans: Hostel facilities are not provided inside the college. However, PG arrangements are available within 1km from the college.
Ques: What are the clubs and societies in the college?
Ans: It has a wide variety of clubs to cater to different types of students including dramatics, dance, music, poetry, Mathematics, and robotics society.
Ques: When does the application procedure begin?
Ans: Application to UG and PG courses begin in June every year. The final intake ends by August.