Department of Financial Studies (DFS), is a department of the University of Delhi that was set up in 1987. The institution offers a full-time two-year MBA (Financial Management) Program and a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program. Admission to the institute is based on the candidate's CAT percentile and marks obtained in class X & XII examinations. The maximum CTC offered to the Top 10 %ile is INR 20.88 LPA and Average CTC is INR 13.33 LPA. The top recruiters are Infosys, American Express, Bank of India, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, HP, Kotak, Wipro, Alchemist, Genpact, etc.
Read More: DFS Delhi Cut off
DFS Delhi Highlights
|Established | Type||1987 | Public|
|Affiliation||University of Delhi|
|Set By||Government of India|
|Programmes Offered||MBA (Finance) and Doctoral Program|
|Admission criteria||Entrance Based|
|Entrance Exam||Common Admission Test (CAT), Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET)|
|Top Recruiters||Infosys, American Express, Wipro, HP, Kotak, Axis Bank & multiple others.|
DFS Delhi Courses
|MBA (Financial Management)||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Graduation from recognized University and CAT exam qualified
Selection criteria: Entrance-based
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)||Duration: 3 Years
Specialization: E-Commerce, Organizational Behaviour, Marketing, Finance, and Accounting
Selection criteria: DUET exam
Read More: DFS DU Fees
DFS DU Admissions
Admission to the MBA program at DFS is through CAT examination conducted by Indian Institute of Management.
- For PH.D admissions the candidate must appear for the DUET Exam (Delhi University Entrance Exam) and qualify for it.
How to Apply for CAT?
- Candidates must register themselves on the official website of CAT.
- Fill all the personal details, educational details, and contact details in the Application form.
- Upload scanned signatures and passport size photograph, and other required documents.
- For the General/ OBC category, the Application Fee is INR 1900 and for PWD/ ST/ SC INR 950.
- Print the confirmation page.
DFS Admission Procedure:
- DFS Application forms are available on the official website.
- After CAT Examination results along with other aspects, candidates are shortlisted for the final selection procedure.
- The shortlisting is done on the basis of CAT percentile and marks obtained in class X and XII. To receive some extra-weightage candidates must have the following degrees: B. Com. (Hons.), B.A. (Hons.) (Economics), B.A. (Hons.) (Business Economics), BBE, BMS/ BBS, BFIA/ BBA.
- Female Candidates are provided with some extra weightage.
- Weightage-system for shortlisting:
|Shortlisting for GD/ PI||Weightage|
|Marks obtained in Class X||10%|
|Marks obtained in Class XII||7.50%|
|Marks obtained in Mathematics/ Business Mathematics in Class XII||2.50%|
|Candidates with an Above-mentioned graduate degrees||5%|
- CAT scores, Marks scored in GD/PI, and of Class X & XII, will decide the Final Selection.
- Shortlisting for Final Selection through weightage system:
|Shortlisting For Final Selection||Weightage|
|Marks obtained in Class-X||5%|
|Marks obtained in Class-XII||5%|
|Marks obtained in Group Discussion||7.50%|
|Marks obtained in Personal interview||50%|
|Candidates with the above-mentioned Graduate Degrees||2.50%|
Note: There is no separate weightage for work experience.
Read More: DFS Delhi Admission
DFS Delhi Placements
The placement cell of DFS is quite productive every year. Many reputed companies come and approach DFS to find new talent. The company to student ratio is 1:2. The top 10 students are offered salary packages up to INR 21 LPA and top 75 students are offered salary packages up to INR 13.8 LPA. Given below is the profile-wise percentage of students placed in various companies:
The list of recruiters at DFS DU Absolute Data, American Express, Bank Of India, Credit Issue, Axis Bank, Deutsche Bank, Investiture, Hp, Grant Thornton, Arcesium, Alchemist, Infosys, ICICI Bank, Wipro, Nestle, IHS Markit, ANAROCK, State Bank Of India, etc
Read More: DFS DU Placements
DFS Delhi FAQs
Ques. Is it worth doing an MBA from DFS, DU?
Ques. What is the CAT cutoff for the Department of Financial studies?
Ques. What is the Fee structure for an MBA finance program?
Ques. What are Documents required for CAT registration?
Ques. What are the various subjects in MBA Finance?
Ques. How is the faculty of the college?
Read More: DFS Du Faculty