Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women, also known as SPM college, was founded in 1969 in the memory of Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherji. This all-girls college is affiliated to the prestigious Delhi University. It offers 14 different UG programs, 3 PG programs, and 2 professional courses to the students. The admission to different courses is based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination or rank obtained in the entrance test conducted by the authority. The college is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Shyama Prasad Mukherji Admission Dates 2020
|Registration Begin for UG / PG Courses||20 Jun, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply for PG Courses||18 Jul, 2020|
|Class XII Marks Updation Last Date||09 Aug, 2020 – 05 Oct, 2020|
|Last Date for UG Registration||31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Applications Available||20 Jun - 31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Admit Card (Released)||29 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Exam Date||06 Sep - 11 Sep, 2020|
|UG / PG DUET 2020 Answer Key (Released)||26 Sep, 2020|
|First Cutoff Release Date||10 Oct, 2020|
|Admission Against First Cutoff||12 Oct, 2020 – 14 Oct, 2020|
|Fee Payment Deadline (First List)||16 Oct, 2020 (Upto 11:59 p.m.)|
|Second Cutoff Released||17 Oct, 2020|
|Third Cutoff Released||24 Oct, 2020|
|Fourth Cutoff Released||31 Oct, 2020|
|Fifth Cutoff Released||07 Nov, 2020|
|First List for PG 2020 Admissions Released||18 Nov, 2020|
|DU Special Cutoff (Released)||23 Nov, 2020|
|Admission in Special Cutoff||24 Nov, 2020 – 25 Nov, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||27 Nov, 2020|
|Admission Against Sixth Cutoff||30 Nov, 2020 – 2 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (6th Cutoff Admission)||4 Dec, 2020|
|Admission Against Seventh Cutoff (If Released)||7 Dec, 2020 – 9 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (7th Cutoff Admission)||11 Dec, 2020|
Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women Cutoffs 2020
|Courses||Cut off 1 (Gen)||Cut off 2 (Gen)||Cut off 3 (Gen)||Cut off 4 (Gen)||Cut off 5 (Gen)||Special Cut off (Gen)||Fee|
|B.A Applied Psychology (Hons)||95.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||94.50||Closed||9885/-|
|B.A Economics (Hons)||95.00||93.00||Closed||Closed||92.50||Closed||7685/-|
|B.A English (Hons)||92.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||91.50||Closed||7685/-|
|B.A Geography (Hons)||90.00||Closed||89.00||Closed||88.50||Closed||9385/-|
|B.A Hindi (Hons)||76.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||75.00||Closed||7685/-|
|B.A History (Hons)||84.50||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||7685/-|
|B.A Philosophy (Hons)||79.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||7685/-|
|B.A Political Science (Hons)||91.00||90.75||90.50||89.50||Closed||Closed||7685/-|
|B.A Sanskrit (Hons)||55.00||55.00||55.00||55.00||Closed||Closed||7685/-|
|B.Sc Computer Science (Hons)||89.00||Closed||Closed||89.00||88.50||Closed||9885/-|
|B.Sc Mathematics (Hons)||92.00||92.00||92.00||Closed||90.50||Closed||9885/-|
Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1969 | Public|
|Approved by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Courses Offered||14 UG courses, 3 PG courses and 2 professional courses|
|Popular Courses||BA, B.Sc, B.Ed, B.El.Ed and M.A.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
Shyama Prasad Mukherji College Courses
The college offers UG courses like BA, B.Com with both general and honors subjects and B.Sc with only honors subjects, It also offers an MA course in three different subjects and professional courses like B.El.Ed and B.Ed to the students. We have discussed all the courses in detail below.
Subjects: Applied Psychology, English, Economics, Hindi, Geography, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sanskrit.
Duration: 3 years.
Eligibility: For Hindi and English, a minimum of 55% in the 10+2 examination in English/Hindi Combination of Subjects for the Best Four.
For Economics, a minimum of 60% marks or more in one Language, Mathematics, and combination of the best two other elective subjects.
For all the other subjects, a minimum of 55% in the 10+2 level examination in the combination of the best four subjects which must include one language paper.
Duration: 3 years.
Eligibility: A minimum of 60% or more in English/Hindi and a combination of the best three among the following subjects: Economics, Business Studies/ Commerce, Mathematics, and Accountancy.
The candidate should also secure a minimum of 50% or more marks in Mathematics/Business Mathematics Combination of Subjects for the Best Four Calculation.
Duration: 3 years.
Eligibility: A minimum of 50% marks or more in two Discipline Subjects and a combination of the best two other subjects listed as academic subjects. The final combination must include one language paper.
A minimum of 50% or more marks in Class XII in English and Hindi to choose any of these as Discipline subject(s).
A minimum of 40% or more marks in Class X / Class XII in Arabic, Bengali, Persian, Punjabi, Sanskrit and Urdu to choose any of these as Discipline subject(s).
Duration: 3 years.
Eligibility: A minimum of 60% or more in English/Hindi and combination of the best three among the following subjects: Economics, Business Studies/ Commerce, Mathematics and Accountancy.
Subjects: Computer Science and Mathematics/ Statistics.
Duration: 3 years.
Eligibility: For Computer Science, a minimum of 60% or more marks in Mathematics Combination of Subjects for Best Four Mathematics, the combination should include English and two other subjects listed as academic subjects.
For Mathematics/ Statistics, a minimum of 60% or more marks in the combination of one language paper, Mathematics and any two subjects listed as academic subjects.
Subjects: Hindi, Political Science, and Sanskrit.
Duration: 2 years.
Eligibility: For Hindi, the candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree in Hindi with a minimum of 45% marks for entrance based admission and 65% for merit-based admission.
For Political Science, the candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree in Political Science subject with a minimum of 50% marks for entrance based admission and 60% for merit-based admission.
For Sanskrit, the candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree in Sanskrit with a minimum of 45% marks for entrance based admission and 60% for merit-based admission.
Duration: 2 years.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks secured in the qualifying examination.
Duration: 4 years.
Eligibility: Passed the 10+2 level examination from a recognized board with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
Shyama Prasad Mukherji College Admission
The admission process is different for different programs, admission can be based on marks obtained in the entrance examination or marks obtained in the qualifying examination. Listed below is the application process for admission in SPM College Delhi:
- The application process is online. The applicants should visit the official website of Delhi University and click on the link UG admission or PG admission.
- The candidates will be required to register via a valid phone number and e-mail id.
- Once registered candidates should meticulously fill out the admission form.
- Once the form is duly filled, candidates will be required to upload a scanned copy of their photograph, signature, and other relevant documents.
- Once the above-mentioned steps are complete, the candidate should pay the prescribed application fee to complete the application process.
- Admission to UG courses will be based on marks obtained in the 10+2 examination. The university releases a separate cut off for each college. Students falling into the prescribed criteria must visit the college for admission.
- Admission to B.Ed and B.El.Ed courses will be based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination conducted by the Delhi University.
- Admission to the PG courses is heterogeneous. Candidates can get admission based on marks obtained in their Bachelor’s degree course or they can also take admission by appearing in the entrance examination conducted by the Delhi University.
Read more Shyama Prasad Mukherji College Admission
Shyama Prasad Mukherji College Scholarship
There are various scholarship opportunities for the students of SPM college. We have discussed some of those various schemes below.
- All India Scholarship: Every year Delhi University conducts the All India Entrance Scholarship Examination for First-year honors students.
- Shri Sultan Chand Memorial Scholarship: The scholarship is awarded to a student of B.Com (Honours) Third year and a student of B.Com (Honours) Second year, who secures the highest percentage (must be more than 70%) in the end term examination.
- Sushma Gupta Memorial Scholarships: Every year five needy and academically bright students are awarded this scholarship. Students from any subject can apply for this scholarship.
- Shri S.M.Puri Memorial Scholarships: Every year five needy students are given scholarships and three bright students are given trophies under this scheme. It is open to students from all the subjects.
Shyama Prasad Mukherji College Facilities
The college provides its students with various facilities so that they can flourish in the competitive world outside the campus. Some of the facilities provided are mentioned below.
- Library: The college library has a rich collection of 77016 books, many academic journals and magazines, 11 daily newspapers in English and Hindi, and electronic resources which also includes online databases through UGC INFONET, many e-journals, and e-books. The Computer Centre in the library has 25 computers with internet facilities to help students with their research work.
- Canteen: The college has a spacious canteen which can accommodate more than a hundred students at a time. It offers hygienic food at an affordable rate.
- Auditorium: The college has an auditorium, named the Rajiv Gandhi Auditorium. It is a fully air-conditioned state-of-the-art auditorium with a seating capacity of over 1100. The Auditorium is used to organize different cultural programs, conferences, and seminars.
- Apart from this, the college has an English Language Support Centre, Classrooms with Audio/ Visual equipment, a garden, students’ common room and many other facilities.
Shyama Prasad Mukherji College FAQs
Ques. Does the college provide Hostel facilities?
Ans. No, the college does not provide any hostel facilities.
Ques. What is the reservation criteria for admission in SPM College Delhi?
Ans. Tabulated below are the reservation criteria for various categories at the college:
Ques. What is the fee for the B.El.Ed course?
Ans. The fee for the B.El.Ed course is INR 17035 per year.
Ques. What is the total intake of students in the BA General program?
Ans. The total intake in the BA general program is 423.
Ques. Can I change the details which I filled in the application form during the New User Registration step?
Ans. Yes, Correction(s) will be allowed in the submitted Application Form, but it should be made before the registration ends and the user will have to pay INR 100 per login.