Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College (ARSD) is a coeducational higher institution, situated in Dhaula Kuan, Delhi. It is affiliated to the University of Delhi and accredited A Grade by NAAC. The college ranked 12th among 100 Science colleges, 11th among 100 commerce colleges and 15th among Arts colleges in the year 2018.
The college has a focused ideology in achieving contemporary demands and holistic development. It promotes women’s education and ensures a nondiscriminatory environment on the campus. Additionally, it has a record of producing several IAS officers and officers in the armed forces, especially in the Indian Army.
ARSD Admission 2020 Dates
|Registration Begin for UG / PG Courses||20 Jun, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply for PG Courses||18 Jul, 2020|
|Class XII Marks Updation Last Date||09 Aug, 2020 – 05 Oct, 2020|
|Last Date for UG Registration||31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Applications Available||20 Jun - 31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Admit Card (Released)||29 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Exam Date||06 Sep - 11 Sep, 2020|
|UG / PG DUET 2020 Answer Key (Released)||26 Sep, 2020|
|First Cutoff Release Date||10 Oct, 2020|
|Admission Against First Cutoff||12 Oct, 2020 – 14 Oct, 2020|
|Fee Payment Deadline (First List)||16 Oct, 2020 (Upto 11:59 p.m.)|
|Second Cutoof Released||17 Oct, 2020|
|Third Cutoff Released||24 Oct, 2020|
|Fourth Cutoff Released||31 Oct, 2020|
|Fifth Cutoff Released||7 Nov, 2020|
|First List for PG 2020 Admissions Released||18 Nov, 2020|
|DU Special Cutoff (To be released)||23 Nov, 2020|
|Admission in Special Cutoff||24 Nov, 2020 – 25 Nov, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||27 Nov, 2020|
|Admission Against Sixth Cutoff||30 Nov, 2020 – 2 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (6th Cutoff Admission)||4 Dec, 2020|
|Admission Against Seventh Cutoff (If Released)||7 Dec, 2020 – 9 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (7th Cutoff Admission)||11 Dec, 2020|
ARSDC Cutoffs 2020
|Courses||Cut off 1 (Gen)||Cut off 2 (Gen)||Cut off 3 (Gen)||Cut off 4 (Gen)||Cut off 5 (Gen)||Special Cut off||Fees|
|B.A. (Hons.) Economics||96.75||Closed||Closed||Closed||96.25||96.75||₹8,495 (1st Year Fees)|
|B.A. (Hons.) English||96.50||95.25||93.75||Closed||95.00||Closed||₹8,495 (1st Year Fees)|
|B.A. (Hons.) Journalism||98.50||97.00||96.75||96.50||96.00||Closed||₹8,495 (1st Year Fees)|
|B.A. (Hons.) History||94.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||₹8,495 (1st Year Fees)|
|B.A. (Hons.) Political Science||95.50||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||₹8,495 (1st Year Fees)|
|B. Com (Programme)||96.50||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||₹8,495(1st Year Fees)|
|B. Com (Hons.)||97.25||Closed||Closed||Closed||96.25||96.50||₹8,495(1st Year Fees)|
|B. A. Hindi||88.00||86.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||₹9,095(1st Year Fees)|
The college campus consists of a big lush green garden area surrounding the buildings. It has plenty of flowers and has been participating in the Annual University Flower Show since 2-3 years.
Also, the college consists of a spacious canteen which caters to the needs of every student. There is a well-organized coupon system which is followed in the cafeteria which is used to get the desired food item.
ARSD College Courses
The college has multiple courses offered in Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees.
- B.A (Hons) in English, Hindi, Economics, Political Science and History
- B.A (Prog.)
- B.Sc (Hons) in Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Computer Science and Electronics
- B.Sc in Chemistry, Physical Sciences, Electronics, and Computer Science
- B.Com (Hons)
- B.Sc (Prog.) Physical Sciences
- M.A in English, Hindi and Political Science
Click to know more about Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College Courses & Fee
ARSD College Admissions
- The process of taking admission in the Atma Ram Sanatan College starts through an online admission portal provided by the University of Delhi.
- The applicant is required to fill in the necessary details required and should upload documents accordingly.
- After the registration process ends, different cut-offs are released by various colleges for every course.
- For taking admission into a particular course, the marks of the student should meet the released cut-off.
- The candidate should take a print-out of the admission form and come to the College for verification of the documents and final computation of the cut -off for the course to which the candidate seeks admission.
- It is mandatory to bring original documents along with 2 self-attested photocopies of the following:
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Class 12th Provisional Certificate
- Character Certificate
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate
- Two passport-size photographs
ARSD College Placements
There is a very active Placement Cell in the college which provides an equal amount of employment opportunities to every student. The cell provides guidance, mentorship, and necessary skill sets to the students. Also, it organizes workshops, seminars and motivational talks by eminent speakers. Reputed Companies associated with the college includes IndiGo, ICICI Bank, NIIT, Clairvolex, KPMG and many more.
Read about Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College Placement
ARSD College Scholarships
College awards prize to meritorious students who excel in the University Examination. Following are the list of scholarships provided by the college:
- Taneja Foundation Scholarships are awarded to 10 meritorious and deserving students as a subsidy towards admission fee.
- Atma Ram Chadha Memorial Scholarship is awarded to those students who are Position Holders (ranking 1 to 10) in the University in any class/course in the University Examinations and secure at least 60 percent marks.
- S.K.Batra Memorial is awarded to Student who gets the maximum marks in Physics (Hons.) in the College and Best Science student of the College.
- Sanjeev Arora Memorial Prize is awarded to the best student of Computer Science in the College.
- Jitender Arora Memorial Prize is awarded to the best student of BA (Prog) course in the College.
- Naresh Kumari Memorial Prize is awarded to the best student of Hindi (Hons.) in the College.
- Principal C.L. Suri Memorial Prize is awarded to the best girl and the best boy student of Political Science (Hons.) in the College.
- Sultan Chand Memorial Scholarship is awarded to the best student of B.Com (Hons.) 2nd and 3rd years in the College.
- Rukman-Tara Prize is awarded to the students getting the highest marks in the College in Chemistry (Hons.) 1st and 2nd years.
- Inder Raj Dhawan Memorial Prize is awarded to the students getting the highest marks in B.Sc. (Hons) Physics 1st, 2nd or 3rd year.
- Raj Kumari Dhawan Memorial Prize is awarded to the students getting the highest marks in B.Sc. (Hons) Electronics 1st, 2nd or 3rd year.
- Shyam Sunder Arora Memorial Prize is awarded to the academic topper from the 3rd year of B.A (Hons.) Economics.
- Usha Aggarwal Trust has instituted a scholarship for the academic toppers in B. Com (Course) 2nd and 3rd Year.
ARSD College FAQs
Ques. Which college is better, Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College or Zakir Husain College?
Ans. Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma (ARSD) college is better than the other college because of the following reasons:
- The placement opportunities are better.
- It is a South campus college.
- The facility is supportive and qualified.
- There are places to hang out nearby.
- It comes among the top colleges of India.
- Metro connectivity is also available.
Ques. Will the applicants be given admission on a first come first serve policy after the declaration of cut-offs?
Ans. Admissions in the college are not based on first come first serve policy. The applicant who has filled the online registration form and satisfies the criteria and cut-off for a particular program/course will be considered for admission.
Ques. Is there any relaxation for women candidates in ARSD? Is the cut-off percentage different for students residing outside Delhi?
Ans. No, Cut-offs are not different for students from outside Delhi. Yes, 1% relaxation for Girl Candidates in all courses in the aggregate only.
Ques. Is waiting for the sixth cutoff of ARSD College for BCom (H) advantageous?
Ans. You can wait for the cut-off but there can be a chance that seats may get filled after the first or second cut off, if not then latest by 3rd or 4th. So do not miss the opportunity of being a part of any other college. If you are getting admission in the starting cut-offs do register as soon as possible.
Ques. Is it important to have a caste or tribe certificate in the name of a candidate?
Ans. Yes, if the candidate is applying under any reserved category (SC/ST/OBC).The certificate must be signed by the competent authority. The OBC certificate must also specify that candidates belong to the non-creamy layer (NCL) and caste is listed in the Central Government list.